• Replies 114 Comments
  • Views 7,095 Views

Mudcat

yap
Since
Jan 27, 2010
Score
Tokens
Haven't done this for a while - gotta psych up.

Gotta come up with a list of questions. Like an actual written-down-on-a-pad list of questions. Makes you seem more on the ball. Of course one of the questions will be about overtime. Benefits.

I gotta look at their website today - there may be a question or two that comes out of that. You want them to know you looked at their website. Makes you seem on the ball.

I know what I will wear although not sure about footwear. Can wear dressy shoes or go with steel-toed work shoes of the type I would probably wear on the job. Some people recommend dressing as you would on the job. Makes you seem on the ball.

This thread is giving me deja vu.

Ask the interviewer if he/she ever feels stuck.

No doubt you got this in the bag, but best of luck anyway!

Also be sure to ask who the "toughest SOB" is in their dump.

Here is a graphic representation of myself.

i.e. - on the ball

:handshake:

5.jpg

I have talked some trash about how they would be stupid not to hire me but who knows?

Maybe they will lean towards someone younger. They will probably have candidates 25-30 years younger than me in the chair.

Maybe they will hire the owner's nephew or some damn thing.

Maybe they need to hire a minority or some damn thing. Could happen.

Maybe they will not be cool with my revolutionary communist ideals and think of me as a dictator who perpetrated multiple human rights abuses.

:dunno:

Then again, maybe I won't like the answers to my questions and I won't want it.

it be to cool to get hired on as a dictator.

I wouldn't ask about Overtime or benefits as it makes you seem like you care about money and perks more then you do the job at hand, I'm a plumbing Foreman in the union and often when I get a guy out of the hall one of his first questions is about OT and I tell them the same thing...Dont worry about that just worry about the first 40

I wouldn't ask about Overtime or benefits as it makes you seem like you care about money and perks more then you do the job at hand, I'm a plumbing Foreman in the union and often when I get a guy out of the hall one of his first questions is about OT and I tell them the same thing...Dont worry about that just worry about the first 40

:clueless: Of course you gotta know about overtime and benefits. They are deal-breaker issues. What about salary? Do you think people should not ask about that?

Like what, I should go work somewhere for a couple weeks and then quit when I could have just asked a question? Who is that good for?

Sounds like you are used to dealing with people who are a lot more desperate than me.

You sound like a difficult employee, I might hire you just to have the pleasure of firing you...

Teddy - IAG please send Mudcat into my office

IAG - Yes Teddy and btw do you want me to change the time of your daily BJ so you can go golfing?

Teddy - Just get Mudcat in here would ya...

Mudcat - Hey boss did you call me in to talk about OT and bennies?

Teddy - Youre Fvcking FIRED!!!!!!!!'!!!!

You sound like a voice from the distant past. I guess it must be the union thing. You would be in trouble in the real world.

I can picture you trying to make a purchase.

Salesman: Now the price for that is . . .

Teddy: Don't tell me that! I will just take it and if the price was an issue maybe I will realize it later!