• Start date
  • Replies 18 Comments
  • Views 1,831 Views

pally

Since
Jan 27, 2010
Score
Tokens
is it just me or do Adrian Dantley look like one of them n*ggas from Easter Island?

139322cd038b899976a09cb9fc5df650-getty-90044141nb011_nuggets_knicks_nb001_rockets_knicks.jpgeaster_island_04.jpgeasterisland1.jpg

I dont have a Scooby who Adrian Dantley is but yes, he does.
Good spot.

I dont have a Scooby who Adrian Dantley is but yes, he does.
Good spot.

that n*gga the interim coach of denver son

also a cool nba all star from the 70s

Don't be bitter.

Bread, calm down.

It's just you.

I think it's rhyming slang, presumably Scooby = Scooby Doo = clue.

cockney rhyming slang is way too bizarre for my blood

good call....

used to watch him play when i was like 5 yrs old

jazz_dantley_240.jpg

Dantley was an excellent player. Nba was so fun back then. And yes the resemblance is striking.

What's a "Scooby"??

My humble apologies, forgot my audience for a second. Polaroid is spot on.
There are so many times when I type something and then think to myself "will the North Americans get that?", on this occasion I didn't.

Great player at ND in college. Didn't even realize he averaged over 30 PPG for 4 straight years in the NBA.

http://blog.syracuse.com/orangefootball/2008/11/AdrianDantley.jpg
Digger Phelps in younger days! When's the long hair coming back?

Dantley was a freshman when ND broke UCLA's 88 game winning streak. Remember it well with Myers trying to put it back in at the end for UCLA. Watch the last 3 minutes here.
http://images.google.com/imgres?img...s&start=18&um=1&hl=en&sa=N&ndsp=18&tbs=isch:1

Wasn't a fan of either team but the Irish did have a cool look about them. Look at the socks? RScholar, don't you wish they brought back the shortie shorts? :grin:

Dantley is 1 part of 3 answers to my favorite trivia question...

the rookie of the year in nba,nfl, in 1977 and mlb all had the first two initials of AD

AJ Duhe? Never heard of you pal