• Replies 20 Comments
  • Views 1,433 Views

Mudcat

yap
Since
Jan 27, 2010
Score
Tokens
Did you post regularly at Covers before SBR began in 2005?

I am thinking about your serial identities and I am remembering someone I knew back then at Covers that you remind me of.

So if the answer is yes, just say yes and let me see if I can guess.

Mudcat he was too busy selling real estate back then. Poor guy has gained 100lbs since.

Yes guy. I don't know what you tell yourself you are accomplishing with that stuff but I guess it just got accomplished that much more. Well done.

guy has been around for a long time at alot of boards

I've never met anyone that posted at covers alot though.... I used to read it alot 3 years ago before I got into posting, but never desired to post at a place like that

Covers was my main home from about 1992 until SBR opened in 1995. I've probably got about 4000 posts there. It was actually pretty awful but it was a habit.

I just remember this guy who would post at a pretty good clip. He'd get like 10,000 posts in a year or whatever - and then he'd disappear. And then suddenly there would be a new poster with the same traits and posting pace and it would be like, say, you sure do remind me of that other guy. And he'd make weak denials for a little while but then he'd admit it.

And to the rest of us it was kinda like, okay what was that all about?

I would be pretty amazed with myself if I am right and that actually was InTheHole. That would be quite a feat of memory.

Covers was my main home from about 1992 until SBR opened in 1995. I've probably got about 4000 posts there. It was actually pretty awful but it was a habit.

I just remember this guy who would post at a pretty good clip. He'd get like 10,000 posts in a year or whatever - and then he'd disappear. And then suddenly there would be a new poster with the same traits and posting pace and it would be like, say, you sure do remind me of that other guy. And he'd make weak denials for a little while but then he'd admit it.

And to the rest of us it was kinda like, okay what was that all about?

I would be pretty amazed with myself if I am right and that actually was InTheHole. That would be quite a feat of memory.

I thought S-faggot-R didn't open their forum until 2005... :clueless:

Covers was around before Al Gore invented the internet.

I thought S-faggot-R didn't open their forum until 2005... :clueless:

I don't know what's wrong with me. I was off by a decade in my whole thing. I meant Covers was my home from ~2002-2005 until S-faggot-R opened in 2005 (except of course it wasn't called S-faggot-R back then. Because I was working there, it was called S-coolness-R).

Remember I started a thread a little while back about the deterioration of my brain? Case in point.

I don't think it's brain deterioration, Muddy. On instances like this, I think it's more than our mind is protecting our self-image. When you look in the mirror, are you ever surprised not to see a younger man looking back at you? I think all of us to some extent have a self-image that abandons reality a tiny bit to provide us with some much needed self-esteem. When you chose the 90's as the instinctual timeframe to reference, your brain knew perfectly well what was what, but decided that feeling younger was more important. I think it's great, your mind might be convincing itself that it's younger in order to combat any mental fatigue you have from your years "on planet."

Yet again, where you see deterioration, I see evolution.

When you look in the mirror, are you ever surprised not to see a younger man looking back at you?

A big yes to that.

I think Inner is ignoring the question.

I hope it isn't in some way offensive to him. I don't mean anything negative by it.

My only intention was friendly chat.

Maybe he only responds to Bateman and fiveteamer threads.

A big yes to that.

I hope it isn't in some way offensive to him. I don't mean anything negative by it.

My only intention was friendly chat.

No Mudford. How is that coffee pot of yours doing?

No Mudford. How is that coffee pot of yours doing?

Didn't we talk about this just a little while ago? My coffee pot has basically self-corrected. I have no explanation for how that is possible but it is now a model citizen and never spills a drop.