• Start date
  • Replies 42 Comments
  • Views 3,299 Views

Herman

Since
Jan 29, 2010
Score
Tokens
Well apparently I'm allowed to search again.

However Players Talk has been removed from the search index either for me (and the rest of us drunks) or everyone. I'm not sure which.

You can only search in the sports forums. No search for PT, Think Tank, Industry forum, or Private Zone.

Now considering what SBR is about, don't you think it's a problem if someone can't search the industry forum for lets say "Bodog" or "BetUS" to read about some potential problems with the book for depositing?

Hermey, it's more about protecting SBR John's reputation for his egregious remarks that could potentially get him into some trouble. Without the ability to search, they can go back and delete all of it.

I haven't tried my search since the wee hours of the morning. And I ever really did was click My Posts for threads that interested me. But seeing as how I have to wait 3000 seonds between posts (which I believe is 50 minutes.....you know what a spammer I am) it seems silly to even try right now.

You haven't been able to search the Private Zone for a long time. I don't know if you ever could.

I always disliked that.

I don't think you could search the PZ, however the rest of the forum was always available to search.

Ok...search feature is fixed. For all forums.

I tend to find that any searches on forms are pretty poor so if you're banned from searching anywhere or just want a better search option, use google. Go to google.com and use the following format (I'm using this site as an example):

site:gamelive.com AND ENTER THE KEYWORDS YOU WANT TO SEARCH FOR

You can make it specific to individual subforums as well, let's suppose you wanted to restrict your search to our American Idol forum only. In that case, get the URL of the subforum and use that on google:

site:gamelive.com/forum/forumdisplay.php/12-American-Idol-ETC AND ENTER THE KEYWORDS YOU WANT TO SEARCH FOR

Naturally this is not limited to forums, you can use it on any site.

So true, Polar. I use the Google Site search function all the time on my favorite erotic literature sites. There's a lot of great cross-fetish writing out there that only gets categorized in one fetish or the other.

I tend to find that any searches on forms are pretty poor so if you're banned from searching anywhere or just want a better search option, use google. Go to google.com and use the following format (I'm using this site as an example):

site:gamelive.com AND ENTER THE KEYWORDS YOU WANT TO SEARCH FOR

You can make it specific to individual subforums as well, let's suppose you wanted to restrict your search to our American Idol forum only. In that case, get the URL of the subforum and use that on google:

site:gamelive.com/forum/forumdisplay.php/12-American-Idol-ETC AND ENTER THE KEYWORDS YOU WANT TO SEARCH FOR

Naturally this is not limited to forums, you can use it on any site.

This is something tacomax told me when I complained about the search function not being available for the Private Zone.

If Polaroid and tacomax both endorse it - I say it must be topnotch stuff.

Polaroid is SOOOOO smart.:iconrolleyes:

I don't know how people learn these tricks. Someone should write a book.

It's not fixed for me.

In my post history, it only shows posts I've made where the thread was also linked to a subforum.

For example, if it's a college basketball topic that I posted in Players Talk, and the moderator cross posted it to NCAA Basketball forum, then I can see it.

If it is a thread about jjgold's 2.4 inch pecker that wasn't cross posted to a sports forum, then I can't find it via search.

Maybe they are only doing this for the Dirty 30 Drunks and not the entire population over at SBR.

It's not fixed for me.

In my post history, it only shows posts I've made where the thread was also linked to a subforum.

For example, if it's a college basketball topic that I posted in Players Talk, and the moderator cross posted it to NCAA Basketball forum, then I can see it.

If it is a thread about jjgold's 2.4 inch pecker that wasn't cross posted to a sports forum, then I can't find it via search.

Maybe they are only doing this for the Dirty 30 Drunks and not the entire population over at SBR.

Onner, you fall and hit your head in the last month. You are a much better poster at this site. What happened?

Herman had some kind of epiphany or something. It is kinda weird, isn't it?

No, I've been banned from points for about a week.

They gave you a deadline? I was just told that I ws deem to be unloyal and crazy. Possibly criminal.