Interesting development with the S-faggot-R Search function

• Start date
  • Replies 42 Comments
  • Views 3,301 Views
Onner, you fall and hit your head in the last month. You are a much better poster at this site. What happened?

Herman's always been a really good guy, he just fell into a bad feedback loop at S-faggot-R and never got out of it. Here he had a chance to be part of something modestly exclusive and when we gave him a tacit endorsement, I think he felt comfortable enough to just post as himself. That's just my theory, and whether I'm right or wrong, I admire his decision to let his guard down here. Love you, Hermy.

Someday we will be married.

"bad feedback loop" I like it.

Nina, you're making this entirely too hard on yourself.

Update:

Search function is back to normal.

No longer on post review.

Still not receiving points.

Update #2: Can only post once every 5 minutes (300 seconds).

I'm not allowed to search at all.

How much do you want to bet that they read this thread and were like "Oh yeah, totally forgot that our pretense for being in business is to help people share information about experiences with books; I guess turning off the search for PT and S&I/TT just to protect John's retarded ass looks pretty stupid now..."

How much do you want to bet that they read this thread and were like "Oh yeah, totally forgot that our pretense for being in business is to help people share information about experiences with books; I guess turning off the search for PT and S&I/TT just to protect John's retarded ass looks pretty stupid now..."

Was actually thinking the same thing.

LOL? Is anyone else getting the message below?

uh.jpg

Wow, this is a new restriction. I'm now not allowed to even view or read the Private Zone while logged in.

Also, just got a reply to the message I sent to one of the SBR programmers in CR. The slowdowns and issues some of us seem to be having in just loading the SBR site is a by-product of John's "commandeering" two of the programmers to rewrite the posting permissions table for the forum. He's adding in all sorts of restrictions to the back-end for the Mods, but Bill only let him use the two most junior programmers to accomplish it. They don't know how to optimize the database functions that are being added, so now anytime those of us that John is inventing new ways in which to restrict try to load a page, it literally takes 30+ seconds for the posting permissions table to recode the page so that it doesn't allow us to do a lot of stuff. Since it only affects the people who have entries under the new restrictions, Bill doesn't care whether it gets cleaned up or not. Looks like the shitty performance is here to stay for some of us.

I'm glad to know that John is filled with so much hate for some of us that he'll reassign his own staff to tasks that don't have anything to do with the bottom line. I like the fact that we're that much in his head.

RS- would be very interesting if they developed a script to make a thread posted by someone nonviewable to everyone. Talk about a kick in the ballz

the post every 3000 seconds really sucks. Been there, done that. I am so glad we are all adults and are above palying childish, immature games. That would be so petty and silly.

ok....I now have to wait 6000 seconds between posts.

Can we not ban his little spies or at least set it so they have to register and log in to read?

LOL, they must read us pretty regularly. That's quite high praise.

I have friends there that I enjoy posting and cutting up with. My behavior there is exemplary. Contrary to what he thinks, he does not own the internet. Al Gore does. I will not be bullied into goose stepping when I disagree with someone's actions and speech. I am not disrespectful in my statements here or there. And due to the fact that he can't "punish" me for daring to have an opinin different than his, he dicks around like a sneaky weasel.

I am eligible for money in the 258 contest, along with an $25 for knocking out an SBR person. Anyone think I will get stiffed?

Hi John. You are behaving very badly and give forum owners like you a bad name.