Im in Jury Duty

• Start date
  • Replies 156 Comments
  • Views 7,355 Views
Oh noooooooooooooooo. Oh dammmmmmmmmmmmmm. Shiiiiiiiiiiiiit

I've got an envelope here and I think it has to be this shit again - but I'm afraid to open it. Maybe if I just never open it, it will be the same as if it never happened.

Fooooooooooooooooooook!

BTW shouldn't it be I'm ON Jury Duty.

I'm in Jury Duty? Who the hell says that?

Oh, shit, when I said that about the title of the thread, I was assuming it was me.

Sorry.

:wah:

Yap, they are after me again. Sept 9th for selection.

:facepalm

So now, not only do I have to go for Jury Duty, I have to hear every person's weak-ass attempt at humor for ways to get out of it. Like zany racist or mentally unstable things I should say during the selection process. Har dee har har.

Can't hardly wait.

What if you were to say I believe your justice system is a farce and I couldn't vote to convict anyone in good conscience . Would they excuse you or hold you in contempt?

Our justice system is not a total farce. Our sentencing system, however, is often a farce.

When DNA evidence is available and confirmed in homicide cases, the convicted should die within 36 months. None of this 9, 12, 15 years nonsense.

What if you were to say I believe your justice system is a farce and I couldn't vote to convict anyone in good conscience . Would they excuse you or hold you in contempt?

Excuse you, here.

Canada, no idea.

You'd think one person would come up with something genuinely funny that you could say at selection to get yourself excluded.

Like, not that I would actually use it, but I like a laugh.

But nope, seems like an area where there is nothing but weak-ass-ness.

If you really didn't want to hear the suggestions, you could just not tell every single person you cross that you have jury duty. Simple as that.

Got a letter from the Attorney General yesterday - my heart skipped a beat when I saw the envelope (what'd I do?!?), but no, they just sent me the Jury Questionnaire.

And just like that, I'm a potential juror for the upcoming year. 🤓

My Jury selection day was cancelled by the way. Doesn't look like I mentioned that but yap. Got a voicemail saying don't bother.

So I don't know if that means I am still eligible RIGHT NOW or there is a new 3 year grace period.

Hopefully the latter. I mean, I went to some effort to book the day off work - and then unbook. So let's not be doing that every month or so.