If gambling didn't exist...

• Start date
  • Replies 62 Comments
  • Views 3,496 Views
If they had the interwebs in the joint? Would one miss being out?

If they had Xbox in juvi? Would the children miss being out?

I think so, there are other things to miss aside from those.

Also those are privileges and should be treated and offered as such.

I'd be doing some sort of mathematical programming - probably for a hedge fund or prop trading firm.

This isn't answering what you'd miss about it nor why, it's just stating what you'd do to fill the void...

Your logic fails you again. If YOU are aware of something, it exists TO YOU. Whether it's all in your head or not is another matter entirely.

But if we each have DIFFERENT PERCEPTIONS of what reality is, then how could you possibly tell someone else that something doesn't exist if it is a REALITY (see exists) to them?

You don't have to see, feel, touch, hear or taste to know that something exists. So my logic doesn't fail me, you misinterpretation fails you... but I'm not here to point out flaws, all I wanted was an answer... :thinking:

AND I can be aware of GOD, but i don't necessarily have to believe that it exists just because I'm aware of it... (and just to be clear I do believe in my own version of God :happyface:)

Ok Monkey, I see your point, I just think that this is ridiculous.
What is wrong with using a little imagination?
You people are exhausting sometimes.

THAT is exactly what we adults have lost... the art to use our imaginations.... THANKS CAMI! :loveyou:

Ok Monkey, I see your point, I just think that this is ridiculous.
What is wrong with using a little imagination?
You people are exhausting sometimes.

If he would have:

A. Laughed off my initial comment since it was entirely built on sarcasm.
B. Admitted that his question was poorly worded and rephrased the question.

This conversation would have never taken place. He decided to argue philosophy instead.

You don't have to see, feel, touch, hear or taste to know that something exists.

didn't saint tommy or one them say 3 times i wont believe it till i see the rooster crow or something like that

If he would have:

A. Laughed off my initial comment since it was entirely built on sarcasm.
B. Admitted that his question was poorly worded and rephrased the question.

This conversation would have never taken place. He decided to argue philosophy instead.

I did both, and the main idea was to get in to a philosophical discussion, not argument. No disrespect intended just looking for a healthy discussion :ouimonsieur: :loveyou:

This isn't answering what you'd miss about it nor why, it's just stating what you'd do to fill the void...

Once again, because I wouldn't know what gambling was and it COULD NOT possibly evoke any reaction from me.

You don't have to see, feel, touch, hear or taste to know that something exists. So my logic doesn't fail me, you misinterpretation fails you... but I'm not here to point out flaws, all I wanted was an answer... :thinking:

Uhh. What? It DOESN'T exist. Remember?

AND I can be aware of GOD, but i don't necessarily have to believe that it exists just because I'm aware of it... (and just to be clear I do believe in my own version of God :happyface:)

You're saying that you can believe in something that you don't think exists? Very logical. No. You're AWARE of an IDEA. You're not aware of GOD.

What exactly comprises the BELIEF in gambling if it doesn't exist anyway?

Once again, because I wouldn't know what gambling was and it COULD NOT possibly evoke any reaction from me.

Uhh. What? It DOESN'T exist. Remember?

You're saying that you can believe in something that you don't think exists? Very logical. No. You're AWARE of an IDEA. You're not aware of GOD.

What exactly comprises the BELIEF in gambling if it doesn't exist anyway?

Of course I can believe in something that I don't think exists, it's called keeping an open mind.

AND I am very sorry but you are wrong, I am aware of God as it is in EVERYTHING. :loveyou:

Of course I can believe in something that I don't think exists, it's called keeping an open mind.

AND I am very sorry but you are wrong, I am aware of God as it is in EVERYTHING. :loveyou:

Ok. Give me an example of something you can believe in that you don't think exists. Do you understand what the word BELIEVE means? I tend to think not.

The god analogy seemed to explode in your face since it's quite clear that you actually believe in God. If God is in everything, what about Allah, Buddha, Ra, Apotamkin, etc.? How many gods are you "open-minded" about exactly?

this thread needed more mrmarket

and some teela

Here. Let me clear this up for you, Dax:

believe/biˈlēv/

Verb:

1.Accept (something) as true; feel sure of the truth of: "the superintendent believed Lancaster's story".
2.Accept the statement of (someone) as true.

Ok. Give me an example of something you can believe in that you don't think exists. Do you understand what the word BELIEVE means? I tend to think not.

The god analogy seemed to explode in your face since it's quite clear that you actually believe in God. If God is in everything, what about Allah, Buddha, Ra, Apotamkin, etc.? How many gods are you "open-minded" about exactly?

I can believe when people say that they have seen Aliens... I've never seen one but I could believe in them because it would be narrow minded of me to think we are the only intelligent life in the UNIVERSE...

And the god analogy didn't explode in my face, I guess you didn't see the part where I wrote that I believe in my own version of God.

And why do you think I don't say HE or SHE when I refer to God? to me those other names that you mentioned are other ways to interpret God or give it human attributes to better understand what it really is.

Sorry got that first one mixed up... Something that I can believe in that I don't think exists are Dragons. just to clarify