If gambling didn't exist...

• Start date
  • Replies 62 Comments
  • Views 3,494 Views
I'd go find adrenaline rushes elsewhere and already have.

Gambling is the oldest form of human entertainment. Eating that apple in Eden was the first gamble of the universe. Basically human gambling that god won't notice they broke the rules.

I don't need sports gambling or even poker for that matter but I can't play golf unless it's a tournament unless something is on the line. When I used to shoot pool or even bowl there always had to be something to win or lose.

I'm kind of with Pavy here. Everything in life is pretty much a form of gambling and always has been.

So to answer the question as intended I guess I would miss everything from the rush of winning or losing to the sole purpose of living.

Wally just said it perfectly. For me it makes games interesting to watch. Watching a 0-0 soccer game without any money on it puts me to sleep but having $100 on the under and the draw makes every shot sailing above the goal so much more exciting to watch.

I don't need sports gambling or even poker for that matter but I can't play golf unless it's a tournament unless something is on the line. When I used to shoot pool or even bowl there always had to be something to win or lose.

I'm kind of with Pavy here. Everything in life is pretty much a form of gambling and always has been.

So to answer the question as intended I guess I would miss everything from the rush of winning or losing to the sole purpose of living.

This is an interesting view indeed, so we could basically say "I Gamble, therefore I am." But would this give life a new meaning? Are we born to gamble? Is this built in our genetic code? If our father or mother were gamblers does this automatically make us a gambler?

This is an interesting view indeed, so we could basically say "I Gamble, therefore I am." But would this give life a new meaning? Are we born to gamble? Is this built in our genetic code? If our father or mother were gamblers does this automatically make us a gambler?

No

If gambling didn't exist, we couldn't miss it since we'd never know about it.

Next question.

this is a pretty terrible thread dax
just pay $100 and advertise your site via adwords
we come here for the quality content
cock pics, caligirl self burials, archie trolling and stevie talking to himself daily

If gambling didn't exist, we couldn't miss it since we'd never know about it.

Next question.

Obviously the question would be meaningless if in our present it didn't exist, but being that now we do have the knowledge of gambling we could in fact ask ourselves what we would miss if it never existed.

So your argument that "we couldn't miss it since we'd never know about it." doesn't explain what you would miss if it never existed, again considering the fact that you are currently aware of the act of gambling. :goodforyou:

Obviously the question would be meaningless if in our present it didn't exist, but being that now we do have the knowledge of gambling we could in fact ask ourselves what we would miss if it never existed.

So your argument that "we couldn't miss it since we'd never know about it." doesn't explain what you would miss if it never existed, again considering the fact that you are currently aware of the act of gambling. :goodforyou:

If you're aware of it, it exists.

A little logic, please.

this is a pretty terrible thread dax
just pay $100 and advertise your site via adwords
we come here for the quality content
cock pics, caligirl self burials, archie trolling and stevie talking to himself daily

I am not advertising anything, and it wasn't terrible enough being that you had the urge to post in it, thus implying that it isn't terrible at all and it fulfilled it's purpose... :sup:

Dax, if travelling through time didn't exist, what would you MISS about it the most?