How much do you guys pay for auto insurance

• Start date
  • Replies 40 Comments
  • Views 3,119 Views
It was like $80 mr.M. I had no issue with Geico. How can I have an issue if I never filed a claim. That's my foking issue :sparesomecutter:

Mr.X, are you sure that's for a year. I know you have liability only, but that still sounds awfully low.

Yeah, I kind of get the feeling I'm on some insurance shit list for an unknown reason. I don't think its credit, maybe it's the car type :dunno: out of the 50 questions the only negatives from what I can tell is that I'm single and don't own my home.

Also Mr.M apparently a lot of these places pay the other driver a lot easier than they pay their own. (had a long talk with one agent) So don't expect the same service from your Geico as you got from theirs :what?:

It was like $80 mr.M. I had no issue with Geico. How can I have an issue if I never filed a claim. That's my foking issue :sparesomecutter:

I know you didn't, but changing for 13/14 a month didn't seem like enough of cost reduction? :dunno:

Also Mr.M apparently a lot of these places pay the other driver a lot easier than they pay their own. (had a long talk with one agent) So don't expect the same service from your Geico as you got from theirs :what?:

Say it ain't so! Hopefully that won't be the case and if it's the other driver's fault, his/her company will have to pay up! Plus we had auto/homeowners as a combo deal which we weren't able to continue with so we went shopping!

Mr.X, are you sure that's for a year. I know you have liability only, but that still sounds awfully low.

Yeah, it's for the year, but it's kinda a fluke. The camper is an RV and RV insurance is really cheap, because people tend to mostly not drive them.

And motorcycle liability is really cheap because it's so much harder to kill people and do mass damage with your motorcycle. Also people don't put on nearly as much mileage on them.

MrX
And motorcycle liability is really cheap because it's so much harder to kill people and do mass damage with your motorcycle. Also people don't put on nearly as much mileage on them.

You should tell that to Ontario. People here can't really ride more than 8-9 months a year, yet we pay several multiples what you do.

Average personal injury claim is above $100k. We've got talented ambulance chasers.

You should tell that to Ontario. People here can't really ride more than 8-9 months a year, yet we pay several multiples what you do.

Average personal injury claim is above $100k. We've got talented ambulance chasers.

Yeah, I don't understand what's going on there. Looks like Ontario requires $1,000,000 liability vs my $300,000, but it wouldn't cost me that much to raise mine to $1,000,000.

Does your insurance cover bodily injury to the owner of the policy somehow? No idea how that stuff works with your healthcare system. That's the only thing that seems like it could justify those kind of premiums.

Yah we do get accident benefits on top of regular healthcare coverage, stuff like therapy and treatments that would not be covered otherwise, plus income replacement and a bunch more.

Thing is, we can't opt out. They just started allowing us to choose some levels of protection, but the bare minimum is still a lot, enough that some bikes are out of reach for a lot of people. Insuring something like a Harley Dyna would cost me over $2k.

I ain't really complainin'. I could potentially get a lot in return for my $780 a year.

so just before I was gonna send the bastards my $730 for 6 month I called one last place I had received some ad from before: Amica.

I feel like I called them before and they gave me a shit rate :hmm: Anyway somehow I manage to get a yearly rate of about $1100 with renters ins, so basically about $950 for auto:winna:

Kind of apples to oranges comparisons here since we're not aware of the coverage limits.

I pay $58 a month for 100/300/100 100/200 UIM.
I could pay as little as $38 for 15/30/50 15/30

I don't carry collision or comp so my rate would prabably actually be high compare to the rates posted here.

Sounds like a good deal UTNDT! The thing I MUST have is the 100/300/100 coverage! Something occurs that you think would never happen and you could lose your home or paying an unnecessary bill every month till you die!

Sounds like a good deal UTNDT! The thing I MUST have is the 100/300/100 coverage! Something occurs that you think would never happen and you could lose your home or paying an unnecessary bill every month till you die!

I just upgraded to that policy last month. Before I had the 15/30/50 but I finally realized how low that was. I had the 50k for property damage thinking the worse I'd ever do is hit an expensive car not taking into consideration in the event something like what you described happens. I can sleep better at night knowing I have 100/300. 250/500 is another $8 a month but I feel that's a bit excessive.

I got a quote this week from belairdirect. The monthly premium would be considerably lower.

$87.50 a month versus the current $148.40.

Problem of course is coverage. I guess I would have to dig shit up and compare shit item-by-item. And then have someone who knows something explain the value of them.

Like I see right away there are no deductibles with the belairdirect. Pretty sure I have them now.

It's all whack. I never use insurance. I am an insanely safe driver. Insurance has been a lifelong process of giving money away for me. Just put money in a box and send it away. But then I guess if you make one mistake - or someone else does something stupid - suddenly the whole thing is worth it.

Should there be that "h" in whack? Wack? I don't know. But it is. Whack.

$395 every 6 months with Geico.

And I've had crashes and duis and stuff.

Sorry comrade. You are being discriminated against.

What you mean no deductible? If true, that's better for you. Should be more expensive

Yeah I probably didn't say that right. Here's the quote. I don't know what various shit means.

If anyone cares to translate anything, I am all ears.

x9KY2Rr.jpg

:dunno:

ah, there's no deductible because you went with liability only. So if you cause an accident, or if your car is stolen it will not be replaced/fixed.
They usually tell you to do that once a car gets old, because they aren't gonna pay you much for it vs the extra you pay for coverage. ...And that reduces your premium substantially.

I didn't specify that about liability only, but I guess they assumed it or just went with whatever they thought would look the most appetizing. Maybe I'm a simpleton and see a lower number and just say omygawd I'm toadally in!

End of story.

What you are telling me though is if my car gets crumpled in some way, I have to pay the entire amount of repair out of pocket - or else just write the vehicle off (or sell it for what I can get for it if there is residual value). Plus, I believe, with no-fault insurance - which I think we have round here - the crumpling doesn't have to be my fault.

Still though, might be a decent gamble.

To fully analyze I need to know what I have now - which I am paying an extra $60/mnth for. And the answer to that is, I have no idea.

I'll have to dig up my current policy and take a gander.