• Replies 40 Comments
  • Views 3,101 Views

reno cool

Fuck You Mocha Joe
Since
Jan 29, 2010
Score
Tokens
The bastids are raising my 6mo to 730. I was trying to shop around and the whole thing is pretty ridiculous. Switched to progressive from Geico 6 months ago after being with them for 15 years to save like $80. 6 months later its back to the old level. :facepalm:

Insuring a lowly Mazda 3 would cost me about $2000 a year.

Bike costs me $780.

I don't own a car.

:handshake:

I am turning this into a little challenge. i.e. - it's auto-deducted from my bank and I'm not sure how much, so how close would my guess be to reality?

I'm guessing $140/month . . .

Ehh, pretty close. $148.40.

(Matty)thats close to me. My car is worth <15k, my old car is actually saving me $ they said it would cost more for 1 car.
Never had any accidents or claims or anything, been paying these shitbags my whole life and they wanna know if I went to a pac-12(?) University. ..apparently I did and it gives me discount of $12 :mad:

Muddy, youd think were in that perfect age group+record+car not very expensive.
I wonder what people with accidents, expensive cars, young kids or dui etc pay? I can't imagine anybody else can afford much more than that.

You know what, you're right. :light: I should be getting a better damn deal.

I have been with these same people since I was 16. I mean it went through a few incarnations: State Farm-Desjardins-Certas - but I never changed anything.

I should probably do some shopping. Jenny pays about the same and she has a newer car and she had a major suspension in the last 10 years. The fuck?

:mudcat:

Guess I'll be eligible for one of these specialty outfits for seniors soon. Ads say they kick in at 55.

I am turning this into a little challenge. i.e. - it's auto-deducted from my bank and I'm not sure how much, so how close would my guess be to reality?

I'm guessing $140/month . . .

Ehh, pretty close. $148.40.

That seems ridiculously high for a guy your age. (You're old.)

I've never had a car insured in my name so I thought that was the main reason for my $2k quote, but look at you.

I have a couple older cars.. 2003-2007 and am insured in a rural area so i only play about $850-900/yr for two vehicles. That is Personal Liability and Damage only.

they wanna know if I went to a pac-12(?) University. ..apparently I did and it gives me discount of $12 :mad:

:lol:

i see what they did there

one dollor off per pac

Well, my impression from calling around is not good. They don't give a fok. And, I was told, switching companies hurts your rating down the line.

116.90 a month for 2 vehicles via a local insurance shop. we live in a high crime and high accident and (hit and run or un-insured drivers) neighborhood

in the past before we got them for home insurance, i've used geico and progressive. but had a few very bad experiences with them. our insurance guy literally lives one block over.

Reno don't be a tool pawn that gives in to green lizard and Flo advertisements when sending his insurance money off.....

do the right thing here pal

believe me, I wanna go wherever is cheapest. Not even the money, I hate getting ripped off by these bastards. All state quote me like $1400 for 6 mo, with a straight face

$35,000 bond to avoid auto ins in CO. Gotta be a play. Wonder what % of premiums these scumbags actually pay off on claims

How does that $35k deal work? I hear that very wealthy types like Jay Leno tend to self-insure to avoid he hassle of insuring every single vehicle they own. They put up a couple million in an account somewhere to cover any potential claim against them.

$240 a year for the camper and $90 a year for the motorcycle.

:megarock:

I bet the number one factor is credit score. Not age, car type, driving record.

MY car is registered under my moms name so i pay just under $700 a year. Switched to liberty mutual, big savings from geico last year.

Car insurance much cheaper for a 63 yo female with a clean driving record than a 34 yo male with a bad driving record

Arch, that's probably a great deal where you live. Good say MrX! And I believe Boner could be right! Credit score seems BIG for everything these days!

We just switched to Geico a month ago! About 105 monthly for two cars (2016/2009) with full coverage including collision! Had a great experience when years ago guy (he had Geico, I didn't) rear ended my car at 5PM and Geico agent called me by 10 to resolve!

They were MUCH* cheaper than previous company and only got like 3 quotes! We're satisfied!

*RC, that's the key word there! Was the 13/14 bucks worth a switch unless you had an issue with Geico? Progressive probably is the same as Geico anyway!