How bout them Jays!

• Start date
  • Replies 738 Comments
  • Views 39,636 Views
My daughter's softball team is up 7-5 at the bottom of 2nd. Game not televised.

That is the messiest inning of baseball I've ever seen.

Oh come on Saulty's daughter's team needs to be encouraged after that.

Go Houston. Both teams are good but I'd definitely prefer home field advantage for the ALCS.

I'm not what I would consider a big bat flip guy.
But the Joey Bats bat flip was the fokken coolest bat flip I've ever seen.

:alien:

I give Joey Bats full credit and then some. The last couple years, when nothing happened at the trade deadline and he griped and complained, I kinda got where he was coming from but also kinda felt like he should shut up and worry about his job and not someone else's.

Whatever, after this year's personnel moves, he become the #1 guy who damn well better put up or shut up in all pressure situations. Run your mouth like that? You better back it up when it counts.

Guy has been excellent and clutch through the whole stretch drive and obviously yesterday.

Me personally, I'd rather not see that kind of reaction at home plate. Invites beanball wars/retribution on yourself and teammates. I'd rather stay away from that shit if possible.

No doubt it was a sincere reaction though. Huge hit right there.

douchebaggery, when done right, is a beautiful thing

I can't even imagine how that game felt from the Texas standpoint, as a player or fan. All-time epic fail.

People keep talking about 3 consecutive errors. I saw 4. That Donaldson "hit" over the 2nd baseman after the 3 errors - Odor looked like some of the rec league guys I used to play against. Major bumblage.

Maybe the finger the scorer uses to press the error button was getting tired so he just let it go as a hit - but that shit had to be caught.

In any case, one giant facepalm over Rangers Nation.

Cubbies batting practice

[VINE]eEPnvtX1wP9[/VINE]