How bout them Jays!

• Start date
  • Replies 738 Comments
  • Views 39,601 Views
JL's been a Jays fan for as long as he can't remember.

July 2014

RMrNs9l.jpg

It's kind of nuts. Anyone local under the age of ~27 would have no memory of the Jays playing a meaningful game. I mean, okay, you could stretch and call some early season games meaningful but they have not had a significant game in September since 1993.

Hard to believe considering the decade of constant contendership I went through - and 2 World Series victories - and so many moments where I vividly remember where I was when it happened.

But damn, that's the fact Jack.

Hopefully they can do what they're supposed to do now.

It's kind of nuts. Anyone local under the age of ~27 would have no memory of the Jays playing a meaningful game. I mean, okay, you could stretch and call some early season games meaningful but they have not had a significant game in September since 1993.

Hard to believe considering the decade of constant contendership I went through - and 2 World Series victories - and so many moments where I vividly remember where I was when it happened.

But damn, that's the fact Jack.

Hopefully they can do what they're supposed to do now.

I remember the first time they made the post season and lost to the KC Royals with George Brett.

Before tonight, the Blue Jays were 4-37 when they scored 3 or fewer runs.

That's pretty bad. Pitching just not getting it done.

Now 5-37.

Yankees hearing foot steps. Blue foot steps.

Before tonight, the Blue Jays were 4-37 when they scored 3 or fewer runs.

That's pretty bad. Pitching just not getting it done.

Now 5-37.

Now 6-37 after last night's 2-1 victory.

The overnight transformation of the pitching staff is amazing. Suddenly we have a good bullpen. We can do what the Yankees and Royals do with guys to reliably close out the last 3 innings. Just gotta win a 6 inning game. And if we don't, we still got a chance with that historically potent offense.

Don't look now but R.A. Dickey has been in the vicinity of his former Cy Young form for a month +.

Buehrle doing what Buehrle does.

It's time to start noticing that Marco Estrada isn't just having a little hot streak. His whole season is kind of wow. WHIP just a hair below David Price. Who is now a Blue Jay by the way. David Price is a Blue Jay.

Can this be really real? :dunno:

I would be leery of Burhrle, this is the time of season where he starts to fade. It was a good game to watch last night.

Jays - Cardinals would be a great world series. Battle of the singing birds!

Marco Estrada . . . WHIP just a hair below David Price.

In the interest of precision: I don't mean Estrada's WHIP is lower than Price's. I mean if you were to make standings of 2015 WHIP's best-to-worst, Estrada would be a hair below Price in those standings.

i.e. - Price's 2015 WHIP = 1.08
Estrada - 1.11

That is all.

Nuther pitchers duel at Yankee Stadium. Lotta zeroes on that linescore.

I mean before that Smoak grand slam of course.

:biggrin:

Taking the Yankees to Pound Town.

:chickendance:

Estrada's FIP: 3.83

Price's FIP 3.00 :bowdown:

Zach Grienke's FIP: 2.62 :bowdown: :bowdown:

Jose Fernandez of the Miami Marlins FIP: 1.70 :bowdown: :bowdown: :bowdown:

Price pitched three-hit ball for seven innings, Justin Smoak lined Toronto's first-ever slam in the Bronx and the Blue Jays beat the New York Yankees 6-0 Saturday for their seventh straight win. ''I sense something different,'' Toronto manager John Gibbons said.