HOCKEY

• Start date
  • Replies 1,451 Comments
  • Views 42,481 Views
There is a culture of hubris in big markets like Toronto and New York that doesn't exist anywhere else. Leafs players are content making millions and playing/living in an "alpha" city. They just don't have the same hunger. Montreal is quaint and little in comparison, they have something to prove.

It's the culture, stupid.

Auston Matthews just does not give that much of a shit, and I'm not even sure you can put all the blame on him for that.

Kyle Dubas's body language as Montreal scored the empty netter in game 7 was shocking to me. He should've been trashing his box and yelling at people. He had pink cheeks and he just stood there like a schoolboy who was just caught writing a naughty word on the blackboard. The whole management team needs to go and MLSE needs to rethink and rebuild their whole corporate culture.

Last edited:
Well said Marty, couldn't agree with you more.

I thought the same thing regarding the players not giving a shit while in Toronto but at the time there were no players on the Leaf roster from southern Ontario. I mistakenly thought that having good players that grew up in the Toronto market would play with a lot more pride but it hasn't been the case. Tavares, Marner, Foligno, Muzzin, Simmonds all grew up in or near Toronto and were Leaf fans. Yes Foligno was born in Buffalo but cheered for the Leafs as a kid when his dad was a Leaf.

I actually chucked my remaining Leaf gear, a couple of worn baseball caps. I won't ever spend another penny on anything Leaf related.

True story, my best gambling years were when the Senators were cup contenders and the leafs bottom feeders. I used to bet Ottawa big on the puckline and was doing well. I bet against the Leafs far more than I bet on them cause I know how it goes.

Last edited:
I'm using CRIS odds as Pinnacle has taken the game off the board at this exact moment.

Jets are -133 for game one will get to -150 at least. AT LEAST!
Getting close!

-148 a few hours prior to puck drop.

Capture.PNG

The series price is right at -140 😛
Screenshot_20210602_185809_com.chrome.beta.jpg

Feels like Montreal is pretty good defensively. They breaking up plays that don't look should be and it's confusing the Jets :hmm:

Scheifele you moron. Thanks for taking yourself out of this series.

fukkin berried. under 1p and Jets +1.5 live plus the original 60 minute bet.

Marty I'm going to have to recommend betting on Montreal and will be al in for game two.

5+ games for sure

He could've/should've played the puck and he never tried. Clear intent to injure.

fukkin berried. under 1p and Jets +1.5 live plus the original 60 minute bet.

Marty I'm going to have to recommend betting on Montreal and will be al in for game two.
thanx Plommer, now the Jets will have a chance. But I won't be betting them either, because I give up :bangtomato:

Colorado/Vegas game has been awesome. On looks alone either of these teams would destroy anything coming out of the north division.
Leafs/Oilers/Habs/Jets would have a tough time winning a game vs these teams let alone a series.