Hockey Talk

• Start date
  • Replies 1,102 Comments
  • Views 45,022 Views
Jason Spezza traded to Dallas Stars today in multi-player deal.

In exchange for Spezza, the Senators received forwards Alex Chiasson, Nicholas Paul and Alexander Guptill, plus a second-round pick in the 2015 NHL Draft. The Stars also received forward Ludwig Karlsson.

So Alex Ovechkin had the most goals in the entire NHL last season - and also the second worst plus/minus.

What a terrible message that conveys about him.

Like I realize that plus/minus is a team statistic, and I realize his power play goals don't factor into it - but still, same rules apply to everyone, and second worst in the league is second worst in THE WHOLE FUCKING LEAGUE.

It's not like the Capitals were the worst in goal differential and he was just part-and-parcel of that. Not even close. He must have been going out of his way to have goals allowed when he was on the ice.

What an immense pantload.

Why would a coach play him other than on the power play or perhaps desperation situations at the end of a game?

I guess he would probably get the pouties if you sat him down and you can't have that.

Except you can.

AVALANCHE SIGN IGINLA
7/4/2014 9:17:25 AM

The Colorado Avalanche may have lost one of the premier free agents, centre Paul Stastny, but recovered somewhat by bringing in the top free agent goal-scorer.

Character player I guess for the young guys...

http://www.tsn.ca/nhl/story/?id=456413

Dustin Brown's Twitter feed.

Br5ptGdCMAAd4iU.jpg

from Tatarstan

[WEBM]https://cdn.streamable.com/video/mp4/8b9s.mp4[/WEBM]

I was a Habs fan growing up so this guy was the enemy - but it's just a good damn pic.

1970-Stanley%20Cup%20Photo.jpg

Even though I like to see Tarasenko play I really don't wanna see ST.Louis or San Jose in the playoffs ever again :dontthinkso:

do we still have the shrink shoot yourself in the face smiley?

Someone is starting a 3-on-3 hockey league. Meaning 3 skaters and a goalie per side.

I feel like if it is done correctly and patiently, it could be successful. Maybe very.