Hamburgers ---- We all eat them. What are some of your favorites?

• Start date
  • Replies 196 Comments
  • Views 11,483 Views
Burgers again tonight... This time I am not using any filler... just fresh oregano and some steak spice. The big Mac copycat recipe has been very popular with us this summer. The sauce recipe I'm using is:

1/2 cup mayo
2 tbsp. French Dressing
4 tbsp. Green Relish
1 tbsp minced onion
1 tsp white vinegar
1 tsp white sugar
1/8th tsp salt

I found it tastes identical to the McD's sauce.I have stopped doing the triple decker thing and just put the same ingredients on a single bun.

I saw this headline just the other day Quincy, sounds delicious man.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Big_Mac

In 2012, McDonald's admitted that the special sauce ingredients were "not really a secret" because the recipe had been available online "for years".[6] It consists of store-bought mayonnaise, sweet pickle relish and yellow mustard whisked together with vinegar, garlic powder, onion power and paprika.[6]

I had 2 hamburgers for dinner tonight. I pulled them from the freezer last night so I knew all day I would be having them, and every time I thought of it, I thought, 'That's going to be good.'

And it was. It of course is not as good if they were straight off the barbecue but I try to keep my food preparation time to a bare minimum on weeknights so I stock up the freezer on weekends and thaw and nuke things during the week.

And it was damn good anyway.

I have been having burgers as a routine thing more-or-less once a week for as long as I remember, but I am not tired of burgers.

I will never nuke a burger. It takes 10 minutes to grill a burger. Some things are not meant to be nuked. Burgers are grilled and pizzas are baked. Any other way of cooking them is stupid.

I used to have a lot of fussy ideas like that but I let go and am happier. Always nuke on weeknights and I thoroughly enjoy my eating.

I'm making some burgers today. I started with 1lb of ground beef from the local butcher shop. I added:

1/4 cup of bread crumbs
1/4 cup of quick oatmeal
1/8th cup of freshly chopped oregano
smoked paprika to taste
dash onion powder,garlic powder
salt and pepper to taste
1 egg

The beef mixture has been setting up for about an hour or so. I will be grilling the burgers on a charcoal grill. It may seem to some people like there is too much filler in the mix here but I assure you, if you are grilling your burgers at 800-1000 deg F; ie red hot charcoal, you will be happy that you put it in. The dry mix acts as a huge sponge and stops all of the juices from running out of the meat. If you get it just right you can end up with a burger that has an insane crust on the outside and still be juicy as hell once you bite into it. Pictures to follow...

When you add eggs to ice cream, we call that CUSTARD.

When you add bread crumbs and oatmeal to your meat, we call that MEAT LOAF.

You basically made yourself salisbury steak.

medium rare burger
bacon
lettuce
tomato
raw red onion
fresh jalapeo
avocado
american cheese or cheddar cheese
mayo and ketchup OR thousand island

on a brioche roll

What's with the jalapeno? It's just going to overpower everything with burning heat. What the fuck is up with Americans putting fucking jalapenos on everything.

and american cheese

shit is filthy

jalapenos are for girls..real men use habaneros

medium rare burger
bacon
lettuce
tomato
raw red onion
fresh jalapeo
avocado
american cheese or cheddar cheese
mayo and ketchup OR thousand island

on a brioche roll

:facepalm:

mrquincy you should try Big Smoke Burger next time you're downtown. They opened franchises in Yorkdale Mall and Eaton Centre recently. Top-notch burger.

Stanley Cup Burger - The WORKS would like to apologize as this burger has not been available in
the GTA for 45 years... but hey, there’s always next year!

Bwahahahahaa.... from the menu.

Ty for the tip Matty, I shall try. I saw the Five Guys was just about to open down there the last time I was by.

The Big Smoke - montreal smoked meat, sauerkraut, swiss & mustard...with no smog in sight 12.86
Ho Hum #2 - cheddar cheese & crispy bacon...still very boring – suggest something else !! 12.74
Ho Hum #5 - sauted field mushrooms, cheddar cheese & strip bacon...excellent choice 12.92
Get in my belly - caramelized onions, sour cream & bacon chunks...Austin says it’s Shagadelic Baby! 12.93
Benny Piggenbeef - caramelized onions, bold bbq sauce, jack cheese & crisp bacon. Thank you Ben
Mulroney 13.96
La Ultimate FLAMME-grilled - gouda cheese, crispy bacon & fresh avocado. Lisa’s #1 choice 12.94
Kenny - real mayo, swiss cheese, fresh red peppers & strip bacon. Spenny’s Burger has no meat 12.97
Sum Yung Guy - sticky cream cheese, caramelized onions, gouda & limp strip bacon 12.96
Kids in the Hall - peppercorn crust, goat cheese & smoked bacon 13.97
Layton’s Legend - wild mushrooms, brie cheese & crisp bacon 12.94
Whole Enchilada - our famous chili, cheddar cheese & a dollop of sour cream 12.87