Guitar players

• Start date
  • Replies 113 Comments
  • Views 4,795 Views
Question to long time guitar players.

Did you smash at least one?

I'm thinking it would be impossible not to in the long run. The perfect build for the perfect smash.

A dangling mass of splintered wood, held together by useless strings. It had to come to that.

I have never done that. I don't see it ever happening. To me, it would be like hitting a woman.

Not meaning to be judgmental of Pete Townsend and whoever, but there is something inside me that tells me this is wrong.

.... there is something inside me that tells me this is wrong.

Yep.

I've seen my own brother do it. After playing his whole life. I knew what he meant and was proud of him.

Part of taking it to the next level. Abrupt break with the past.

He got another one. And played with greater freedom.

I smashed a couple of flea-market specials that my brother and I would first experiment on with sanding and spray-painting equipment. 2 acoustics and one electric. Acoustics are a lot more satisfying to smash - the body itself amplifies the sound of the impact and then bits start flying everywhere.

An electric guitar is a lot harder to smash than it looks... the bro and I were going at it full-throttle on a hard cement floor and it took over a dozen tries to separate the body from the bolted-on neck. Which makes me believe that Pete T. was pre-weakening his before doing the deed, cause the average plywood rock stage has a lot of give.

fucking Matty is a guitar smashing expert. unreal

That's an excellent clip Bread. I now have a whole new outlook on life.

And I can't wait to hear Pavy on go cart.

I smashed a couple of flea-market specials that my brother and I would first experiment on with sanding and spray-painting equipment. 2 acoustics and one electric. Acoustics are a lot more satisfying to smash - the body itself amplifies the sound of the impact and then bits start flying everywhere.

An electric guitar is a lot harder to smash than it looks... the bro and I were going at it full-throttle on a hard cement floor and it took over a dozen tries to separate the body from the bolted-on neck. Which makes me believe that Pete T. was pre-weakening his before doing the deed, cause the average plywood cock stage has a lot of give.

:surrender:

Thank you for your contribution Breadipoo. :freak:

:freak: :freak: :freak: :freak:
freak.gif
freak.gif
freak.gif

Reno knows what is up. I'm sure if we put our skills together with the use of modern technology, we can come up with something like this!!

[video=vimeo;2539741]http://vimeo.com/2539741[/video]

Matty on electric guitar.

Muddy on keyboard.

Pavy on go kart.

Robyn can sing.

Mmike on drums.

CougarBait on bass.

Archie can bring some kids from the neighborhood for backup vocals.

Roguey can head up the security team.

I LIKE IT!!

What what what??? Where am I??? You can't forget Scholar on the Hammond B-3 Rock Organ (naturally I play the "organ") and backup vocals! Sheesh.

Yeah that's what I was thinking. Although I have never heard RS play due to him never posting a performance video (Mudcat said accusingly), my every vibe tells me he is a more skilled keyboardist than me.

I will conduct.

did anyone come up with a name for the band?

hooligans? -might be taken

tuna panty contest?- kind cumbersome

somthing with the word "Rogue" in it?

The Rogue Juror Experience
The Merry Murderers
Them Bloody Hooligans

Scholar can be our consultant. He will fix us up in a jiffy.

This is going to be good. Anticipating my future electric guitar, I started composing a lead line that I am loving and will build a whole section around.

It will make David Gilmour's work in Shine On You Crazy Diamond look like a pile of steaming poo.

Well no, I shouldn't even joke around about sacred things like that. Should be swell though.