guitar discussion

• Start date
  • Replies 243 Comments
  • Views 19,302 Views
Wading through the myriad of Gibsons (and fake Gibsons) is proving to be more difficult than I thought. I guess I will just have to go to a reputable dealer and get their help. I guess I can go over to the 12th fret at some point and try to enlist their help.

I emailed the guy from that ad and he seemed pretty paranoid. I think I'll pass on it. The guy mentioned to me that he is afraid of home invasions...

I fixed up this old amplifier I have had sitting around for years. It got a good cleaning of all the case, speaker and potentiometers and a new fuse holder. Good as new. It is from 1969-70 and was made at the Gibson Factory in Kalamazoo Michigan. Doesn't sound the greatest but it has it's own original sound for sure. By the looks of it, all hand made and no machine has ever touched it.

DSC01499.JPG

DSC01498.JPG

@ Reno; When my custom 3 string guitar gets delivered, I will rock you out a tune on it and my Kalamazoo 3.

:guitar::guitar:

Last edited:
nice mr.Q. We should put at least one musical video from everyone in a specially designated thread.

A solid-state amp from 1969-70?!? I had no idea that even existed back then. That's really cool MrQ. I bet it sounds like ass. :biglaugh:

He is shipping it out tomorrow morning. It should be here by next weekend. Woohoo.

994358_10153340952230319_2107216656_n.jpg

@Matty; Mudcat

I'm going to buy a 'large, older Traynor' tube amp tmrw and and Epiphone Les Paul Special for a total of $120 bux. I was doing some research into Traynor amps and ran into this article which describes the history of Traynor and Long and McQuade in Toronto. Great read.

http://yorkville.com/downloads/other/yorkvillehistory.pdf

Possbly my greatest bargain to date. Sounds amazing too. $40; worth no less than $500

1395864_10153456610470319_540363174_n.jpg

Nice MrQ! Any pics of the Les Paul?

@Matty; Mudcat

I'm going to buy a 'large, older Traynor' tube amp tmrw and and Epiphone Les Paul Special for a total of $120 bux. I was doing some research into Traynor amps and ran into this article which describes the history of Traynor and Long and McQuade in Toronto. Great read.

http://yorkville.com/downloads/other/yorkvillehistory.pdf

Wow, had no idea Yorkville was anything else than a distributor. I remember York Music in Montreal, I believe that was their one retail outlet in Quebec. We bought our bassman's Ibanez there around 1995.

Never played a Traynor amp. I've seen Traynor PA's in dingy clubs.

Which reminds me, I haven't played any of my guitars since I moved to YupsterTown this summer.

Don't combine your hobbies. This is embarassing:

Guitar-Motorcycle.jpg

Holy wow. Gonna poke someone's eye out with that thing.

What's with the 3-string thing?

I would just swap the pickups on that thing. The basic Seymour Duncan '59 sounds badass in any Gibson-type axe. I had them in a black Epiphone SG when I was a pimply grunge poseur.

This is what is with the 3 strings. I'm kinda de-constructing my music a bit these days. Taking a more rhythmic approach.

I reckon that that is a killer sound. Was going to say that you could just play 3 strings out of the 6 on your guitar, but no, it would be impossible to sound like that.

:like: