guitar discussion

• Start date
  • Replies 243 Comments
  • Views 19,436 Views
yeah, the first thing i noticed about rawls' guitar earlier this year was the thick body, but then i noticed while he was playing how he was bending the note/string through his shoulder strap. pretty unique little instrument.

A friendly forum for guitar and bass players of all ages and abilities, also offers free user uploads within a reasonable file size.

528237_10151288375438972_2002862994_n.jpg

Fender guitar?

A friendly forum for guitar and bass players of all ages and abilities, also offers free user uploads within a reasonable file size.

Thanks. Happy Hanukkah.

Actually, get fucked.

yeah, the first thing i noticed about rawls' guitar earlier this year was the thick body, but then i noticed while he was playing how he was bending the note/string through his shoulder strap. pretty unique little instrument.

That's how the magic happens... it's basically just a spring:

bbendergtr.jpg

Sproing! Would be cool to try one of those thing a ma bobbers.

I'm starting to think these strings that came with my Stratocaster are crap and need changing.

Does one generally change ones own electric guitar strings?

Wha?

How long have you had the same strings on your acoustic?

Back when I played daily I would change them every other week. They would go dead very quickly.

Now that I barely play, I change them a couple times a year.

I change the acoustic 12-strings about once a year, if that.

So are you saying you change the electric strings yourself?

I've done it myself many times back in the day Muddy but now Im spoiled and bring my guitars to Guitar Center three times year for new ones.

Of course I change my own strings! I do my own setups as well. I'm pretty anal about getting the exact feel I'm used to.

Changing strings is trivial, just make sure to neatly wrap them around the post 2-3 times.

guitarStringonPost.jpg

It's no different than changing strings on an acoustic, except that you probably string your Strat from under the body/tremolo assembly. (If the plastic plate that covers the back of the guitar makes your job difficult, just take it out before restringing.)

I favor Ernie Ball strings. In your case, I'd recommend the stiffer D'Addario's.

Yeah, that's a good technique. I use it when dealing with a slippery post, most often with the plain strings.

changed strings on my acoustic when first got it.
felt like a retard w/ all the frustration it caused for something that seemed to be so simple.
99% sure I didnt wrap them correct at pins but trial and error and "fake it till ya make it" technique worked after
several attempts

I can't believe Bono changes his own strings.

What a chump.

Only six strings to deal with. Some kinda sweet. :up: