guitar discussion

• Start date
  • Replies 243 Comments
  • Views 19,246 Views
I went to the music store and by god they do sell guitar straps and I bought me one.

Is this a great country or what?

I brought my guitar to a party last summer. The guitarist with the band ended up using my guitar and he put his strap on it. I don't have one. He forgot to take it off so now I have a strap. :up: sucker

Nothing quite like a guitar strap for strapping your guitar.

I could tell you about strap locks but I don't think you're quite ready for that level of technology just yet.

Teaser:

DV016_Jpg_Large_360389.377_nickel.jpg

Baby steps, baby steps.

The guitar strap certainly does seem to help with the comfort situation I described.

I think I am going to make a little vid shortly to demonstrate another little issue I am having and see if there is any advice. It's pretty hard to just put into words so ----> little vid. It is a sound issue so hopefully that can be captured sufficiently with my camera. We'll see.

Like the guitar strap it may end up being something incredibly simple that any lamebrain should be able to think of.

But, as we learned from the guitar strap, I am not just any lamebrain.

one of my favorite songs that this girl used to play for me on the guitar it's called stairway to heaven. can you play that for me mudcat?

How come there is only a Stairway to Heaven; and a Highway to Hell?

Temptations are plentiful MrQ.

I do not own a strap
I always fiddling around while sitting w/ guitar.
not being able to look at frets/strings adds another level of complexity for me while standing
but I havent played hardly at all lately though...
maybe picked it up 3 times in last couple months

one of my favorite songs that this girl used to play for me on the guitar it's called stairway to heaven. can you play that for me mudcat?

I'm picking up that you must be a young buck.

I'm sure I can play Stairway to Heaven. I believe it is just a 3 chord repeating pattern for the whole song, right?

Who me? No I've never played anything like that. I've never played much o' nothin'.

You would be hard pressed to find someone who has played music as long as me with so little variety of experience.

haha! well you've still played more guitar than me, only instruments i ever played were a little piano along with cornet, valve trombone, baritone horn and sousaphone way back in the day, so string instruments remain very foreign to me. been trying to learn more about them talking to people like rawls and cindy cashdollar during their breaks at gruene hall this year.

I wouldn't be surprised if I could create a comparable sound through my new software. There is an almost infinite number of sounds I can make and they are very good.

Not really the same thing though.

Never played a B-bender either or seen someone play one live. They're quite specialized instruments. One of my favorite guitarists ever, John Jorgenson, used to play one during his "country period" with the Hellecasters. He does gypsy jazz now. Monster player.

The b-bender effect can be approximated on a regular guitar, it's just not as flexible as the b-bender setup where you just push on the guitar body to bend the 2nd string up a full tone.