Got a question. Kinda techyish

• Start date
  • Replies 542 Comments
  • Views 33,627 Views
Fedora getting plenty of love lately. Giving it a shot, installed with default GNOME DE and added Cinnamon cause it looks better.

Screenshot from 2022-06-18 19-23-50.png

Fedora getting plenty of love lately.

I have been playing around with OpenSuse Tumbleweed and Fedora 36

Tumbleweed is just meh, stock KDE and nothing special, only thing working for it is that it's a rolling distro so always latest packages, zypper is not that fast compare to pacman

Fedora 36 I like, will switch my laptop to Fedora, but going with KDE Plasma, dnf + rpmfusion and you pretty much get all apps, I like dnf

I am happy with Manjaro/pacman, I just want to get familiar with an rpm based system

so after this I will be familiar with Debian based systems, Arch based systems and Red Hat based systems

still think that Pop Os is the most stable distro out there, and pacman the best package manager

plom check out this app called KDE Connect, it's by the KDE folks but can be installed in any distro and in any desktop environment

it connects an android phone to the desktop, transfers files, can see the phone notifications on desktop or pc notifications on phone, calls screening, see battery percentage info, send sms from desktop and a bunch of other features, it's awesome

just run the kde connect app from the Play Store on phone and run the app on desktop, both using the same network connection and pair them

PopOs! is a great distro, I like that its a very minimal stock setup unlike Ubuntu. The Nvidia support is great too.

Boys, I've got an issue with my Windows 11 home computer. I can't find any of my fokken files/documents. Yesterday I was looking for some documents and I don't have anything! Plommer, don't judge me on my system. Can anybody point me in the right direction? My last backup says it was in 2018 so I don't want to restore it all the way back and lose on the docs.

Update - When my windows updated from Windows 10 to Windows 11, all of the files were hidden in under a folder "users". Fortunately I was able to find it with the help of someone else that had the same issue.

Irixium global theme on KDE Plasma.

Screenshot_20221022_144621.png

plom check out this app called KDE Connect, it's by the KDE folks but can be installed in any distro and in any desktop environment
Thanks amigo, just installed it on phone and it connected instantly. Noice!

ok, this is bloody AMAZING!

:10:

I just asked it to write a poem about a tree facing its mortality:

Sure, here is a short poem about a tree facing its mortality:

The tree stands tall and proud, But time has taken its toll. Leaves once green now wither and brown, As the tree faces its own mortality.

It has stood for many years, Providing shade and shelter to all. But now, its time is drawing near, As the tree faces its final fall.

Though its life may soon be done, The tree's legacy will live on. For the seeds it once did bear, Will grow to be strong and fair.

So though the tree may fade away, Its memory will always stay. In the hearts of those who knew, The beauty of the tree that grew.

It will also write code for you.

I assume we're all fucked soon.

Yup. We seem to be super close to the singularity.