Got a question. Kinda techyish

• Start date
  • Replies 542 Comments
  • Views 33,128 Views
Did it, thanks!

In my userChrome.css I have this neat little hack that adds a number count to each tab, makes switching with Alt + # between tabs easy as eyes just scan for the
I copied it for myself, thanks!

erer.png

Also remembered to make a copy of the Chrome.css (and save it to dropbox/google drive) so I can just copy it back to the Firefox directory on a future install.

I'll put it here just in case I need it again.

CSS:
@namespace url("[URL]http://www.mozilla.org/keymaster/gatekeeper/there.is.only.xul[/URL]");
@import "global/variables.css";
@import "global/global.css";
@import "icons/icons.css";
@import "tabbar/tabbar.css";
@import "navbar/navbar.css";
@import "personalbar/personalbar.css";
@import "popup/popup.css";
@import "urlbar/urlbar.css";
@import "findbar/findbar.css";

tabs {
  counter-reset: tab-counter;
}

tab:nth-child(1) .tab-label::before,
tab:nth-child(2) .tab-label::before,
tab:nth-child(3) .tab-label::before,
tab:nth-child(4) .tab-label::before,
tab:nth-child(5) .tab-label::before,
tab:nth-child(6) .tab-label::before,
tab:nth-child(7) .tab-label::before,
tab:nth-child(8) .tab-label::before {
  counter-increment: tab-counter;
  content: counter(tab-counter) "";
  position: relative;
  top: -0.1rem;
  font-weight: bold;
  color: #feee9e;
}

Also, this extension I use gets around paywalls - NyTimes, Toronto Star etc.

When the paywall comes up just click the tranquility reader icon and it converts the page to text for easy reading.

nyt.png

Careful with extensions that require this permission: Access your data for all websites

Lots of malware/virus/high jackers are offering to buy extensions from authors to inject their bad code in the extension. Since extensions are auto updated you will never know when the code gets changed.

(1) Only install extensions you can trust. (2) Do not run any unnecessary extensions. (3) If there are extensions you only use occasionally, and they can read the contents of pages, disable them until needed.

Some people go so far as to create a separate Firefox profile for financial tasks, with a more restricted set of add-ons. Running two different Firefox profiles at the same time uses a lot of memory, so that might not be useful if you need to access your bank frequently.

I still run them but disable "Update Add-ons Automatically" on the wrench icon of about:addons and update them manually a day or two after just to give people enough time to notice and complain about it on github/reddit in case something is wrong

We modified the colour to lime green from yella.

color: #a0ef46

Capture.PNG

Ok techyish question ROUGE:

Why the fuck are youtube videos posted at gamelive not displaying correctly? Or at all?

WTF man!

yep - same here

Shit is a fucking nightmare.

Rogie fix it before I have to break out my gak and shoot some motherfuckers (standard procedure for where I live)

Back to dual booting. Also keeping it simple. Tired of arch linux, breaks too often for me and just seems wonky compared to debian/ubuntu based distros. Also, can make ubuntu behave like pop! os if needed so I figured I'd just return to the most popular distro, ubuntu.
I use linux 95% of the time, have a shared drive that both linux and windows can read/write to so all my files are accessible anytime regardless of the os.

Screenshot from 2021-08-01 09-52-59.png