gonna lose weight the only way I know how

• Start date
  • Replies 329 Comments
  • Views 19,334 Views
I am down 13 lbs from May 29.

Wife and I occasionally institute one of these workout challenges to motivate physical fitness and general healthy living. I recently peaked at my all time high weight and i'd love to shed a couple lbs, tone it up a little and give the ole ticker a tune-up.

From now until New Years you must workout 4 times a week. You may workout twice in a day. Workouts are defined minimally, really any 20 minute activity where you might break a sweat (or 4 miles of extraneous walking). After New Years it's 5 times a week with only one double permitted per week and no more than 2 consecutive days w/o working out. Each week you fail to perform you lose money off your discretionary budget for the month and the person who fails the least at the end of the challenge (Feb or Mar, not sure yet) gets to plan our next vacation - carte blanch no holds (read: $$) barred.

i hate this time of year (really starting jan.)... so many assholes like boner and his wife (im just kidding bone...just an ex.)prance around the gym without a single fucking clue... taking up space, sitting on machines and wasting time surfing facebook and shit while serious people wait on the weights and machines... ill have to program my body to get in there before the sun comes up so i dont have to deal with this shit.

for sure. there's hardly anyone in our gym now... come Jan it'll be jammed. Most people are gone by 3rd week in jan tho.

I'm down 25 lbs since May 29. All I've done is cut back on my portions and walk at least 30 mins, but usually for 35 - 40 mins which is 5 km. Not that anybody cares.

I care nice work Pucky.

Hoping for the flu, last time I dropped 15lbs.

Good challenge Bonerballs.

I care nice work Pucky.

Why thank you, BB. I actually started to eat Quinoa as well. It took a bit to get used to, but I likes it now. I actually had some mixed in with my cereal for the first time this morning.

Pucky, try sauting some fresh spinach, toasted almond slices, and dried cranberries/cherries together with your quinoa.

As long as the pants fit no need to lose weight. My weight flactuates based on my appetite.

Pucky, try sauting some fresh spinach, toasted almond slices, and dried cranberries/cherries together with your quinoa.

I might get the wife to do that. I just started eating it the last several months so I really should look at other ways to eat it or try with other foods. Basically I have been substituting it for rice.

As long as the pants fit no need to lose weight. My weight flactuates based on my appetite.

I love spaghetti. Absolutely love it. I will make a massive batch on a sunday and eat it for 5 days. For several years I was eating whole wheat pasta which took a while to get used to, but I switched back to the reg pasta which made me slam on a few lbs. I walked them off, but pasta makes my weight fluctuate. big time.

Workout challenge has been good... However we need to up our effort. Gonna try some more serious workouts (longer cardio, some p90x videos) and alter diet. No more beers Blitty.

Boys, it's 80% what you eat and 20% cardio/resistance training.

Have Paleo meals delivered to your home.

You're welcome.

Going for wings shortly.

Dry-rub cajun spices.

Get in ma bellay.

Workout challenge has been good... However we need to up our effort. Gonna try some more serious workouts (longer cardio, some p90x videos) and alter diet. No more beers Blitty.

I come in peace, Boner!!!

Fast and longer walks and buy a skipping rope. You're welcome!!!

Boys, it's 80% what you eat and 20% cardio/resistance training.

Have Paleo meals delivered to your home.

You're welcome.

some buddies of mine, that own the big local mma league in our area, have branched out into food... https://www.facebook.com/UltimateFoods ... all clean meals, labeled with all the cal/pro/fat ...a lot of these places starting up these days... i have enough time to make my own food, but apparently, they are doing really well with their 2 stores...anyone can go and get a meal out of their big fridges , but i think they sell 5 days of food (3 meals and 1-2 snacks a day) for less than 100 bucks ... im not big on having cooked food in the fridge for 5 days, but i guess it works for some...