• Replies 329 Comments
  • Views 19,045 Views

housepicks

SP Nation
Since
Oct 8, 2013
Score
Tokens
No eating after 4pm, essentially no dinner.

Crunches every night.

30 day goal...15 lbs.

Was sure this was going to read something about cocaine.

That shit works.

Once or twice a year....Even when I was young....I made it a point never to have the phone number of the man..Too easy.

I may eat something if I go running...thats motivation to run.

Ray is going to love this thread!

#spotreductioncrunches!!!!

this thread sucks... i have 3#s on speed dial :yes:

Been using the same trick houserballs. Still at 217 as of this morning, from an all-time high of 232.

Aiming for 205 by the end of June.

Yay nighttime fasting.

The coolest thing is that you can continue eating the same garbage.

I am not convinced it's about the timing. A lot can be said that it is the intermittent fasting concept itself whether it is done during the day or at night. I can't eat much during the day, but like to eat at night. I followed the "8 hour diet" for a while based on a book. The premise is you can eat whatever you want but only over an 8 hour period during any 24 hours. Then you fast for 16 hours. I could drink black coffee the rest of the time. My eating times were usually 2 or 3 pm to 10-11 pm. I had good results with it..not sure why I stopped.

I know the theory about burning less at night when you are sleeping etc, but there is also science that goes against that. Who knows. Whatever works for you I guess. Personally I would rather do it the other way around....hate going to bed hungry....

Are you going to not drink at night? What about the nighttime movie popcorn?

Good Luck. Hope this goes better than the sideburn challenge. Get it HP.

Our method is less miserable since you're sleeping while fasting.

Our method is less miserable since you're sleeping while fasting.
I was fasting during my sleeping time too. My fasting period was 10 pm to 2 pm or so. Eat from 2 pm to 10 pm. I'm just not big on breakfast and it was easier for me to hold out a couple more hours... The book says it doesn't matter when...but you have to fast 16 consecutive hours then eat for 8 hours. I dunno. Again, whatever works for an individual. I could never do it your way. Ideally it probably is better, just not for me.

IAG
I am not convinced it's about the timing. A lot can be said that it is the intermittent fasting concept itself whether it is done during the day or at night. I can't eat much during the day, but like to eat at night. I followed the "8 hour diet" for a while based on a book. The premise is you can eat whatever you want but only over an 8 hour period during any 24 hours. Then you fast for 16 hours. I could drink black coffee the rest of the time. My eating times were usually 2 or 3 pm to 10-11 pm. I had good results with it..not sure why I stopped.

I know the theory about burning less at night when you are sleeping etc, but there is also science that goes against that. Who knows. Whatever works for you I guess. Personally I would rather do it the other way around....hate going to bed hungry....

Are you going to not drink at night? What about the nighttime movie popcorn?

Good Luck. Hope this goes better than the sideburn challenge. Get it HP.

I like popcorn in the evening, but I doubt it will help pack on the lbs. I could be wrong. Ray can let us know.

huh?

Oh and I'm trying this this week. Got a deal $49 for 7 sessions. They are all individual saunas. 40 min yesterday...I was drenched by the end. The first 20 min were ok but by the last 20 I was just praying for it to be over. I'm going again this morning.

http://completebalancehealth.com/index.php?page=infrared-sauna I have a friend who swears by it for all sorts of things...not just weight loss, but supposed to do that too. I want it to make my shoulder not hurt.

I know that a bunch of pro hockey players snack on plain popcorn in the evening to aid with weight loss.

Filling and low cal. No toppings but maybe a little salt. I like popcorn for nightime.snack.

I know that a bunch of pro hockey players snack on plain popcorn in the evening to aid with weight loss.

you know this for sure? I couldn't imagine eating plain popcorn.