• Views 2,194 Views

roguejuror

rouge
Since
Jan 24, 2010
Score
Tokens
:panda:

OK GatorMike give us at least two picks (or more), your two best picks so the board can debate on the best play and pick it for the GLP POTD.

MCB be on the alert just in case we have lost Gmikey to fabulous Las Vegas.

Will need someone to be the official final call. I'm taking a break :hattip:

I'll spell you from the stress, Bread. Not to worry, the GLPPOTD is in good hands.

MCB, if you have plays to share, why don't you go ahead and do so? On weekends it's important we begin the debate somewhat early because the card doesn't offer as many late games as during the week. GatorMike, if you're out there, please let us know how things are shaping up.

Alright, I'll reserve my commentary. Michigan State might not be feasible though, we need to give people time to vote.

Mich St
One team was here last year and the other team was not. They know what it takes to win on the biggest stage. Lucas not being on the court is probably a pt swing in the spread IMO which would put Mich St. @ -1 but the public tends to overbet on an injury and has moved this line to Tenn -2.

On the second game of a weekend in the NCAA tournament, with just a day after a win to re-prepare, Izzo's teams are 15-3. All three losses were to No. 1 seeds. (USATODAY)
Izzo is 5-1 in regional finals

I already bet Tenn. but whatever you guys/gals decide is fine!

Well I think we're going to have to ignore the Tenn/MSU game considering how close we are to start time. I was hoping MCB could share one more play with us in addition to Baylor so we have two options to vote on.

Ok RS, allow me to finish up my Baylor 1H thoughts then will give another one.

Baylor is playing in pseudo home game. Sure it might be two hours from their actual home, but they are touting it themselves as a home game. They will ride that emotional energy that they came out with against St. Mary's early in this game. Whether they can sustain that high level for an entire game is what I question and therefore have shortened the play to take out a lot of the intangibles that will matter at the end of the game.

Baylor is a scrappy team that has all the confidence in the world right now. Confidence doesn't win games, but it should be a huge factor when coupled with the athleticism they present. Duke will have trouble dealing with quickness of Baylor early in the game.

Minnesota T'Wolves +9.5

I cringed when I wrote it, especially after the Pally debacle earlier in the week.

The public is hammering Phoenix in this spot at an 80% clip on several different books. The books aren't budging, so this is a line movement play only. Confidence levels are below the other plays I suggested but I was not necessarily prepared as the backup GLPPOTD to give 3 viable options. Cop out? Certainly.

I have to say, you present a compelling argument for Baylor 1H, which isn't at all in conflict with my Duke teaser. Did you want to write-up the T-Wolves as well before we opened the voting? I'm curious to hear your rationale (and you're right, after Pally, the T-Wolves will be a hard sell), considering the Suns are hot as fresh dog shit right now.

Alright, we have our plays, let the voting commence. While I think MCB has big balls for picking Minnesota, my vote is:

Baylor +2.5 (1H)