Giving Comedy a Try

• Start date
  • Replies 270 Comments
  • Views 5,667 Views
I watched, good stuff.

Best of luck with the channel man!

ooh, comedy is hard Davey

Why not food vlog? those get a ton of views, with all the ethnic places in Southern Cali you would always have material

I would watch you eat with gusto all day long

Dave, is this an actual thing? I didn’t watch because of the Aprils Fools angle but if this is a regular thing you do I will absolutely watch.

Dave, make that pizza as buns hamburger thing again!

good luck.

I'll check it out

let's try to get mark Sanchez on soon
"Mark, remember me?!? We've gotta get the band back together!"
I watched, good stuff.

Best of luck with the channel man!
Thanks stevey!
I’m intrigued, Dave. Will continue to tune in.
🍻
Thanks! Should be an interesting
ooh, comedy is hard Davey

Why not food vlog? those get a ton of views, with all the ethnic places in Southern Cali you would always have material

I would watch you eat with gusto all day long
Comedy is hard! Which is exactly why I want to try it. Breaking through will be quite difficult, but if I do, it'll make future spin-off channels (ie food reviews or gaming or whatever) a lot easier as people will already like my personality. Whereas if I START with food and branch into something else, people will be like "booo go back to food".
from the youtube comedians I like MOONTELLTHAT
Yes! Lots of funny Asian comedians on these sites.
Dave, is this an actual thing? I didn’t watch because of the Aprils Fools angle but if this is a regular thing you do I will absolutely watch.
Yes! You can watch it without fear, April Fools has little to do with it and it is under two mins long. Was just introducing the concept in a silly way by doing it on April 1.
Dave, make that pizza as buns hamburger thing again!
When did I do this?? I forget but it sounds amazing.
Who do you like in the 8th at Hawthorne
Damn I missed it. What's up Fiver!

YouTube 3-5 min skits will be every Saturday.
Then posting one short a day. Same short across different platforms, Insta (DavesDime), YouTube (DavesDime), TikTik (DavesDimeYT). Shorts will be 3 skits and 4 reactions a week. The shorter stuff sacrifices a bit of quality for quantity, but so it goes when you've gotta churn out daily content to keep up with these crazy kids. Still hoping it's at least amusing even if a bit quick and easy.

Speak faster and edit tighter. We all have turbo-ADD at this point. I felt the urge to set you to 1.5x playback speed. Punchline was funny.

I will keep watching, and provide unsolicited criticism. 🤝

Are you gonna go for the heavily edited/fx or just quick cuts minimally?

@Vegas Dave I'll give this a view and like Tron was thinking maybe just April Fool's thing.

Comedy works well sometimes as a team .... possibly this gentleman would work wonders.
:fiverdance:
They are very old Penn and Teller so opening is there ..... you guys come be known as Dave and Teamer.

Dave, I liked this a lot. It comes off as very easy for you! Is it that easy for you?

Although I wouldn’t have thought about it unless @Matty mentioned it, I agree with Matty on the editing. I Subscribed to YouTube and Followed on TheGram.

Last edited:
I've always wanted to give comedy on YouTube and TikTok a try, but never went through with it. I'm finally giving it a go.

Or am I? You never know on April 1, I guess.

Get it! Cheers to you! :cheerscheers: