General Soccer Discussion

• Start date
  • Replies 48 Comments
  • Views 3,449 Views
Wow! Atlanta loves soccer! It's all cause of the presence of Saulty! I miss the guy here! :yes:

We just bought 4 pre-sale tickets to the inaugural Inter Miami CF home match vs LA Galaxy on March 14.
We’re pumped! LETS GOOOOOOOOOO

Juror, this is where Inter Miami is playing for at least 2 years. The noise you hear is workers putting the finishing touches on the stadium.

I actually drove by Lockhart Stadium on Commercial Blvd going to the Lauderdale by the Sea pier about 4 or 5 weeks ago, there were a bunch of construction trucks around

fun fact: I saw Diego Alonso play for Atletico Madrid when they were in the second division in the '01-02 season, the previous season he had played for Valencia which had made the CL final and then he jumped to a second division team which was something crazy, Valencia ended up winning the first division title that year but Alonso ended being the pichichi top goal scorer of Segunda, 17 year old Fernando Torres made his debut that year and was Alonso's striking partner, on midweek matches not even 500 people were present at the huge ass Vicente Calderon stadium, Atletico finished first that year got promoted and now it's a billion dollar team

welcome to sofla Alonso :cheers:

One. Time.

nash-0.png

Italy :facepalm

After losing to England today they’ll probably need to beat North Macedonia and Ukraine to qualify for the 2024 Euro’s

We know how it went against North Macedonia for the WC qualifier :facepalm

Italy :facepalm

After losing to England today they’ll probably need to beat North Macedonia and Ukraine to qualify for the 2024 Euro’s

We know how it went against North Macedonia for the WC qualifier :facepalm
Looked good scoring first but after that had nothing. I just don't see any high quality forwards/strikers on this team. Honestly Italy probably don't have any dynamic ones coming up in the near future.

Yes they have to beat NM and I believe only tie Ukraine. Both would have 14 points in group but Italy would hold head-to-head ad which I think is tiebreaker? Or if total goal differential is than Italy would have +1 GD.

Both would have 14 points in group but Italy would hold head-to-head ad which I think is tiebreaker? Or if total goal differential is than Italy would have +1 GD.
H2H is the first tie breaker, goal differential is the second, third is highest goal tally in the group phase

Man Utd legend Sir Bobby Charlton passed away today

He was part of the 1966 World Cup winning England team, he won the Balon d'Or that year too

He was in the 1958 Manchester United plane crash in Munich that killed almost of the team

rip

Lifting the World Cup at Wembley
bobby charlton 66