• Start date
  • Replies 48 Comments
  • Views 3,491 Views

Tron

Since
Jan 28, 2010
Score
Tokens
Thought it would be cool to have a thread to discuss soccer matches/trades/capping.

Thierry Henry signed with the Red Bulls today.

He will be introduced tommorow and his first match will be against Tottenham next week.

Nothing says my career has failed like moving to MLS.

Lots of soccer action today.

Yeah the MLS is where they put the former stars out to pasture but it gives US soccer fans a chance to see them before they go to the slaughterhouse

How is the level of play in the MLS compared to the Euro leagues? I know it's nowhere close to the big guys else the Montreal Impact wouldn't be joining in. I'm just curious. Would seem to me that an over-the-hill Thierry Henry would still be a major force in a sub-par league.

Thierry will be at the least an above average MLS player IMO

New York is only 2 points behind Columbus so it would appear that the NY front office sees this as the move to put them over the top.

Remember when New York signed Dinadoni in the mid 90's?

I've never been a huge fan if the French National Team but I've always liked Henry (the hand ball bs Ireland was brutal though). I wonder if this will end up just being yet another New York twighlight star signing that does nor lead them to a title.

Fuck Henry, I hope the fuck tears his ACL in his 1st game.

How is the level of play in the MLS compared to the Euro leagues? I know it's nowhere close to the big guys else the Montreal Impact wouldn't be joining in. I'm just curious. Would seem to me that an over-the-hill Thierry Henry would still be a major force in a sub-par league.

matty you can expect montreal to elevate their game with the extra funds, money makes the difference guey

Good point, especially here with the weather that forces players to train elsewhere during the off season.

Thierry will be at the least an above average MLS player IMO

I'd think he'd be much better than that. He's only a year removed from being one of the top scorers in La Liga. Granted he was playing with Messi, Xavi, Iniesta, etc., but the caliber of play in MLS is truly awful.

Chicago is getting worked my some Mexicans. MLS sucks.

Watching Everton beat up on Man City (re-play) on FSC to help with the withdrawal symptoms

i can't stand those friendlies in the US

i just can't watch those

RJ I think you're thinking of the Celtic match that was on ESPN before

Regardless, I'm watching a fricking match from January of 2010 so I'm a major tool tonight

no withdrawal for me, lost some more money on soccer today. that's like 20 days in a row.