Gamelive March Madness Basketball Contest?

MrMonkey

World's #1 Troll
Since
Jan 28, 2010
Score
Tokens
Well I figured might as well get a head start and begin discussion on the parameters on how we should go about this? Gives GL plenty of time to get it right.

IMO the way IAG and her group handled the 10 liner money wise was ideal. Everybody is trusted and should be prepared to pay (preferably paypal) ASAP right after the Final Game on Monday, April 7th?

Points scoring system IMO is the biggest item to agree on and like to hear others opinions on what the fairest way to accomplish that is? One thing I will say is I really dislike the scoring of getting say 13 points every game a 13th seed wins. I believe picking as many correct teams advancing as far as possible is the way to go? Like for example you have correct 3 out of the Final Four and pick the champion correct should count for a lot?

Out of Gamelive original members posting college hoop plays here, I would think this would be one sport at GL that could get a decent amount of people to join in on the fun? I presume and hope IAG and her crew will gladly join in. IMO, this year's field contains more teams that can win it all. Which in turn means even if not entirely up on college hoops, you chance of winning greatly increases.

So, ALL GL posters, again ALL GL posters please give me some input on this? Points system scoring and amount you would be comfortable to put in the pot important beginning numbers to know? Thank you kindly.

Who would be treasurer. My vote is Matty's ex coworker.

Serious question though.

I don't wanna do it. I get hosed on conversion fees and I'm too nice to not pay the fees on behalf of everyone.

That Andy guy can do it.

I'm just too nice.

I agree. Across the board if Matty is one thing it's too nice.

I'm in if not too steep. I have a future driving with expired tags fine to pay.

Who would be treasurer. My vote is Matty's ex coworker.

Serious question though.

Honestly I'm figuring we don't need one? Like the 10 liner contest each person pays the winner (thinking 1st and 2nd place) thru paypal? If no paypal, posters can give suggestions? I think it doesn't say much for us as a group if we can't have a friendly contest without having to worry bout people paying per the agreed upon terms? Common original GLers, let's not have IAG and her crew LOL at us.

Still over 3 weeks away but I will bump this every morning to gauge interest and get ideas ......

In:
Matty
IAG
MrM

bump

In:
Matty
IAG
MrM
MrsM
Fiveteamer
MikeyLo