Football

• Start date
  • Replies 183 Comments
  • Views 7,008 Views
I have bucs -6.5 in a bunch of round Robin's. But I'm a square.

Can't remember a more poised rookie QB than what I saw out of Matt Jones tonight. Outplayed Brady. The rain might have caused it a bit but Brady was way off in the beginning. He honestly wasn't his usual self the entire game.

Nice win by you guys who had the Pats!

Gruden resigns. Let that be a lesson to all you motherfuckers. If you now do or say something that might not seem in line with the prevailing narrative of our overlords in a few years , they will bury you. They got everybody on the hook :dontthinkso:

ah, it's always somekind of interesting fiasco with these games

Looking at this weeks slate of games, Vegas expects a lot of low fantasy football scores on the horizon.

Why do they bother still doing kick offs in the NFL?

:dunno:

Why do they bother still doing kick offs in the NFL?

:dunno:
Because they don't need to speed up the game like baseball has to with issuing a walk without throwing any pitches. :yes:

Carson
Because they don't need to speed up the game like baseball has to with issuing a walk without throwing any pitches. :yes:
so NFL fans enjoy watching everyone line up only to have the kicker send it into the end zone with no kick off return every. single. time?

they need more commercials before kickoffs and after kickoffs. Also that 30 second split screen commercial really hits the spot

Carson

so NFL fans enjoy watching everyone line up only to have the kicker send it into the end zone with no kick off return every. single. time?
They do get returned and some teams probably utilize trying to kick it as high as possible close to the goal line hoping the returning team doesn't even make it out to 25 yard line.

Wanted to do some research to see really how many were returned. Surprise myself that the number was that high.

1097 NFL kickoffs 2021
660 touchback kickoffs
So 61% go into the end zone

409 returned kickoffs
And 37% get returned
"every. single time?" :laugh: So NO is the answer to your question.

Plus NFL fans have a glimmer of hope that their team will recover an onside kick trailing late preventing them from heading to the exits too early.
18 onside kick attempts
3 recovered OSKs
17% have been successful

And without kickoffs these 2 boring plays this season would not have been.

Close to 40% of kick offs get returned @MrMonkey ?!?!?!

What league is that for? The Martian Football League?

That’s some FAKE NEWS right there, pal!

Close to 40% of kick offs get returned @MrMonkey ?!?!?!

What league is that for? The Martian Football League?

That’s some FAKE NEWS right there, pal!
:laugh: I guess you're being sarcastic but I'll take this as thank you MrM for FACTUALLY proving what I thought was correct wasn't. Probably lots of people surmise the same as when their in the kitchen grabbing another drink during a kickoff. Anytime you THINK something but actually don't KNOW it, maybe I can help, maybe I can't.
:hattip:

I guess 97% of the kick offs I SEE ON TV are NOT RETURNED but 37% of the ones I DON’T see are!