FIFA

• Start date
  • Replies 59 Comments
  • Views 3,203 Views
Apparently the Canadian women have games in Edmonton then, depending how things go, they could end up playing in Montreal and then in Vancouver.

That's about 12 billion miles of travel - all within one country for one tournament.

Canada is large.

I always watch Women's WC when I have free time. Obviously not the event that men's is but still.

I guess the whole thing is being played on artificial turf. That sucks. I thought I heard originally it was just going to be one venue and all the rest were grass, but in that John Oliver report he definitely says every game will be on turf.

:fok:

You would think all venues would have grass since it grows so well in Canada. What were the organizers thinking?

scott_feed_marquee_north.jpg

Apparently the Canadian women have games in Edmonton then, depending how things go, they could end up playing in Montreal and then in Vancouver.

That's about 12 billion miles of travel - all within one country for one tournament.

Canada is large.

I've got a meeting Monday in Regina... 3 time zones away and over 7 hours of travel. When I go to Vancouver in August, 11 hours of
travel and 4 time zones..... From Halifax it is easier for me to go to Ireland, Scotland or England than most places in Canada

It's large, Canada.

Bigger than China, so they say.

Will Canada beat China tonight? What channel is the game?

Canada beats China in injury time with a phantom penalty. Ref got some nice kickbacks from Canada.

2 people

At the first screening of FIFA-funded film "United Passions" in Los Angeles the week after U.S. prosecutors charged several officials of world soccer's governing body, only two people attended - one out of curiosity, the other as a soccer fan.

The 2014 French film, starring British actor Tim Roth as FIFA president Sepp Blatter, had an estimated budget of 24 million euros ($27 million), of which FIFA officials have acknowledged providing about 20 million euros.

The film, which explores the 111-year history of FIFA, attempts to show the organization as a force for good while also hinting at corruption and embezzlement without delving into it.

The opening Friday on demand in the United States and in limited theaters coincides with a scandal rocking world soccer after prosecutors unsealed indictments on May 27 in a case involving $150 million in bribes over 24 years. Blatter announced on Tuesday that he would resign.

I guess the Women's World Cup is still going on and I think I saw that the Canadian women are still alive.

Women's soccer. Is what that is.

Actor-director Ben Affleck is to help produce a feature film about the corruption scandal that has rocked world soccer and its governing body FIFA, the author of an upcoming book said on Friday.

Affleck and his friend since childhood, actor Matt Damon, will be among the producers of the as-yet-untitled movie for Hollywood studio Warner Bros., the author, U.S. reporter Ken Bensinger, told Reuters.

It is expected to focus on the role of American Chuck Blazer, a former FIFA official. Bensinger said that actor John Goodman had been mentioned as a possible option to portray the 70-year-old Blazer, who has a curly white beard and has in the past tipped the scales at more than 400 pounds.

2 people

At the first screening of FIFA-funded film "United Passions" in Los Angeles the week after U.S. prosecutors charged several officials of world soccer's governing body, only two people attended - one out of curiosity, the other as a soccer fan.

The 2014 French film, starring British actor Tim Roth as FIFA president Sepp Blatter, had an estimated budget of 24 million euros ($27 million), of which FIFA officials have acknowledged providing about 20 million euros.

The film, which explores the 111-year history of FIFA, attempts to show the organization as a force for good while also hinting at corruption and embezzlement without delving into it.

The opening Friday on demand in the United States and in limited theaters coincides with a scandal rocking world soccer after prosecutors unsealed indictments on May 27 in a case involving $150 million in bribes over 24 years. Blatter announced on Tuesday that he would resign.

The film made a total of $918 in theaters.