FIFA

• Start date
  • Replies 59 Comments
  • Views 3,227 Views
they refused orders to take Cup out of Russia?
:sparesomecutter:
and let that be a lesson to others

A 47-count indictment by the U.S. Justice Dept. alleges FIFA officials took $150 million-plus in bribes over 24 years.

FIFA president Sepp Blatter was not charged - although some say he has been advised by legal counsel not to set foot in America.

I just know what I have heard guys gabbing about today on the radio.

I know there has been a parallel and cooperative investigation going on for a long time between U.S and Swiss authorities.

That's where 7 guys were arrested today: Zurich. And I hear they are now going to face extradition to the U.S.

I wouldn't have guessed that: that Switzerland would have an extradition treaty with the U.S. But they do and no one seems to have any doubt the accused will end up heading cross the ole Atlantic to face the music.

Some of the details are intriguing. The biggest U.S. bigwig Chuck Blazer (?) got busted for not paying taxes on all his racketeering profits, so in order to save his own skin, he agreed to cooperate with the feds and wore wires into meetings with his friends - which is a big part of the case.

I guess friends should be in quotes. "Friends."

This Blazer guy sounds like quite a character. 400 pounds lardbutt who rides a scooter everywhere and puts his cats up in 5-star hotels.

While on the same subject indict Coca Cola for bribing Olympics in 1996 to come to Atlanta. It's funny that the US justice department doesn't indict when the beneficiaries are US cities and violators are US companies.

Chuck Blazer spent 4,000 a month renting a luxury flat for his cats

Fifa-Chuck-Blazer-cats-444752.jpg

FIFA's Sepp Blatter blames 'individuals' in corruption investigation, rejects calls for resignation

The Women's World Cup of Soccer is in Canada and it's coming up shortly. Some people regret that this FIFA corruption scandal may upstage it and some people wonder if Sepp Blatter will make an appearance.

I don't care and I don't care and I don't care.

Americans are assholes for not sitting back and letting the FIFA corruption continue.

-Russia and the Internet

Weird thing is, Sepp Blatter is up for re-election as president of FIFA. Vote is scheduled for later today. And some people are demanding his resignation - and some people are demanding they postpone the election - all of which makes sense to me.

This would seem to reflect poorly on his presidency. Fraud, racketeering, money laundering yada yada on his watch. That would often be considered negative. On top of the host of other insanely idiotic day-to-day stuff such as having Brazil build billions of dollars worth of one-time-use stadiums in the middle of the rain forest.

Yada yada.

Point being, Blatter is expected to win.

Michel Platini will consider pulling England and other Uefa members out of the World Cup if Sepp Blatter wins Fifa president election

UEFA represents 53 countries of the 209 voting members. Some of them are considered pretty good.

Won't happen but it's a splashy idea.