Explosion on 117thfinshing line of Boston Marathon

• Start date
  • Replies 234 Comments
  • Views 15,204 Views
There's hating runners and then there's hating runners. :fok:

Surprised that this kinda thing doesn't happen more often. Seems to be the most effective kind of terrorism, to make people worry about their safety even during their most pointless of activities.

CNN seems to have the best coverage on this today

I don"t know Matty, "terroristic" acts I thought would have more of a political target. I understand these guys need motivation to run but :dunno:

They did send ricin to the President.

ricin.png

arrest made

maybe not. lol.

Last edited:
I saw that the FBI has a conference coming up at 5 about said development

:bread:

Troubles any, I did not do.

yoda_star_wars.gif

west texas fertilizer plant explosion. atlantic wire http://www.theatlanticwire.com/national/2013/04/fertilizer-plant-just-exploded-waco-texas/64337/

"I said, 'This thing is going to blow' ... and I told my mom and dad to get in the car," one witness told the Waco Tribune. "I was standing next to my car with my fiancee, waiting for my parents to come out and [the plant] exploded. It knocked us into the car... Every house within about four blocks is blown apart."

large.jpg

aaa4fa2c5fe90ed4bcd1bdf2a96be4b5_300x385.jpg

texas-explosion_20130417205450_640_480.JPG

37a441b4160d79a00d57a0e857ad4222_614x615.jpg

the injured are being treated on the local football field.

fa7c9fe86f329f0e83805dac7526d567_614x459.jpg

Last edited:
The news just gets stranger. This week is the 20th anniversary of waco and a fertilizer plant explodes close to waco, the guy arrested for sending the ricin in the mail to President Obama and the Republican mississippi senator is an elvis impersonator,martial arts freak? his reverb nation page http://www.reverbnation.com/kevincurtislive

He signed everything This is Kevin Curtis and I approve this report.

bilde

http://www.clarionledger.com/articl...r-martial-artist-self-proclaimed-Mensa-member

"Who is Paul Kevin Curtis, the Mississippi man the FBI arrested Wednesday in connection to letters with traces of ricin sent to President Barack Obama and Sen. Roger Wicker?

Curtis, a Corinth resident, might be better known to some as a celebrity impersonator.

According to GigSalad.com, a website dedicated to booking live entertainers, Curtis does impersonations of “70 of the biggest names in music history,” including Elvis, Johnny Cash, Prince, Bon Jovi and Kenny Chesney.

On the website, Curtis goes by the stage name “KC,” which was used in the letters sent to Obama and Wicker and to Lee County Justice Court Judge Sadie Holland.

“I am KC and I approve this message,” the letters read.

Curtis posted on his Facebook page on Tuesday a reaction to the death of 8-year-old Martin Richard in the Boston Marathon bombings
“heart breaking. I have an 8 year old son with the smile of an angel. This world is not what it used to be and the hopes of all are not what they ‘USED’ to be. We have let God down. We removed prayer from schools in 62....we have staged wars simply for profits in oil and drugs....we have lied our way from the capitol to the pulpit. We the people should be ashamed. I weep for the future of our children. God bless,” he posted.

Curtis says on his Facebook page that he graduated South Natchez High School in 1987 and Louisiana Business College in 1990. He owns his own business and is a singer and entertainer, the page says.

While the page says he is living in Natchez, he gives his address as “1 800 JUSTICE BLVD” in Tupelo."

http://www.punditpress.com/2013/04/paul-kevin-curtis-picture.html

20914_363320393773517_1584741089_n.jpg

Kevin+Curtis.jpg

bilde

bilde

fw5Gqu6.jpg

youtube video by the fbi

cd299AB.jpg

kvfeLpU.jpg

[TWEET]324997446021308416[/TWEET]

AZSn9Ff.jpg

Multiple explosives may have been used against police in incident near Boston this morning, state police say.

large.jpg

Update 3:00 a.m.: Police scanners now indicate that the suspects in custody are Mike Mulugeta and Sunil Tripathi. The latter is a missing Brown student who was identified on Reddit as a possible suspect earlier this week.

Update 2:47 a.m.: Police scanners indicated that a white suspect in a grey hoodie was on the loose and he "could have IED explosive on him so please use extreme caution." As heard on the scanner: "One suspect has been shot, according to one law enforcement source, and FBI is responding to multiple crime scenes.... We're going to see increased federal presence... Undetermined at this time"

Update 2:25 a.m.: The Boston Globe reports that one of the marathon bombing suspects is in custody, after a daring chase through Cambridge. State police later said that they couldn't confirm the link and the total number of suspects was unknown. At least one suspect remains at large.

Original Post: MIT issued an emergency alert at 10:48 on Thursday night reporting shots fired on the university campus. MIT's school newspaper, The Tech, reports, "Shots fired near 32 Vassar St (Stata Center), police officer down. Please stay inside." That report is backed up by CBS News's Bonney Kapp who reports hearing "officer down" on the police scanner just before the MIT alert went out. The Tech followed up a few minutes later, reporting that the injured officer was a member of the MIT campus police and was taken to Mass. General Hospital. According to the Massachusetts State Police, the officer died from his wounds just before midnight.

Not long after midnight, there were reports of a car jacking at a gas station on Memorial Drive. The suspects took a Mercedes SUV. Minutes later there were shots fired in Watertown. Then an officer said "they have explosives and grenades." There were also reports of a Camaro and a Honda Accord being involved. After the exchange of fire, police scanners reported an officer down. The chase continued and there were reports of automatic gunfire and explosives being thrown out of a car. Minutes later police took one suspect into custody, and the other fled. Police then set up a perimeter and as many as 50 officers searched for the suspect in Watertown near Mount Auburn Street and Lloyd Road. Officers were told to power down their cell phones, and a stand off ensued.

As police searched for the missing suspect, networks struggled to connect the shooting at MIT, the car jacking in Cambridge and the shootout in Watertown. Underneath all of this is the ultimate connection to Monday's bombings at the Boston Marathon. The presence of the FBI supported some these hypotheses, but very little is actually known about the incidents and possible connections. The FBI was on the scene in Watertown. "This is still extremely dangerous," said the bureau.