Explosion on 117thfinshing line of Boston Marathon

• Start date
  • Replies 234 Comments
  • Views 15,187 Views
My guess is it's anti-US government domestic terrorists (McVeigh-esque)

Taking back the country one 8 year old at a time.

i work 2 blocks from the United Nations and everything went on lock-down right after. We weren't allowed to leave our building for over an hour. They were afraid it could be a multi-city thing, so they said. My friend Ashley was hurt in the bombings. Her mom posted on her facebook wall, said she is in the hospital and undergoing emergency surgery. Haven't heard anything else.

Getting pretty tired of this shit. An eye for an eye and we all die.

Fucking stupid.

i work 2 blocks from the United Nations and everything went on lock-down right after. We weren't allowed to leave our building for over an hour. They were afraid it could be a multi-city thing, so they said. My friend Ashley was hurt in the bombings. Her mom posted on her facebook wall, said she is in the hospital and undergoing emergency surgery. Haven't heard anything else.

That is terrible news Cali

I hope things work out for Ashley

What was she doing there? runner? spectator? volunteer?

I was wondering why you weren't on here posting Cali. I am very sorry to hear about your friend, I will keep her my thoughts, keep us update.

CGNY, let us know how your friend is doing! This whole situation is so fuked up!

This is horrible. It scares me we still haven't evolved past an eye for an eye mentality.

I hope we don't go ahead and blame another country for this and start another "prosperous" war.

#isolationist

Last edited:
"These types of pressure cooker explosives have been used in Afghanistan, India, Nepal and Pakistan, according to a July 2010 joint FBI and Homeland Security intelligence report. One of the three devices used in the May 2010 Times Square attempted bombing was a pressure cooker, the intelligence report said."

she was a spectator, her boyfriend was running. she is ok according to facebook, she has "multiple broken bones in her arm and her foot was somehow hurt needing surgery. i dont know anythinig else, but it seems she will be okay. thank god.

Thats good to hear about your friend caligirl.

Domestic or foreign terrorists, what sort of human garbage thinks that killing an 8 year old boy is going to further their cause. A chinese graduate student is now one of the dead. There is a reason no group is claiming responsibility for this. Way to strike terror, you kill an eight year old boy.

o-MARTIN-RICHARD-BOSTON-MARATHON-BOMBINGS-VICTIM-570.jpg

Sorry to hear about the friend Cali, how has Chris reacted to the news of you knowing a chick hurt in all this mess?

I missed the boat on the "pressure cooker bomb" stuff Greg, is this a widely reported term? Is that why you think this is not "home stuff" RJ?

I've kinda agreed with Daft's #55 post thinking this was a Bostonian radical anti-gov type...

a guy or small group that saw this as a perfect opportunity to get HIGH HIGH press, attention, and US emotion for actual human collateral damage that amounts to less than a weekend night of Pennsylvania drunk driving or FAR less than the average per day US casualty number in Iraq since 2003.

if it was foreign radical (muslim) terrorist types that did this, than I think they would have taken responsibility and tried to get people in middle eastern countries to dance in the streets at the "great" news, by now.

They didn't seem to worry that the killing of all those day care kids at the bottom of the World Trade Center somehow made their act less holy and awesome, so I don't think they'd worry too much about this 8 year old either.

IF it was a big time group like Al Queda then I could see them not claiming responsibility due to the fact that they didn't get a big enough number of deaths and injuries.

I mean its been 10.5 years, and since then the best they can do is 2 deaths and a couple dozen limbs?

#weaksauce terrorism

Interesting that they were refraining from using "terrorist" at first including media gag, and only then authorizing it. They have utilized that word so effectively and people are so conditioned to think of a certain group, that this time they didn't want to attributed it to anyone or spread greater fear.

CNN is reporting the lid to the pressure cooker was found on a building.

Good to hear about your friend Cali, still in "normal life" an awful experience but be it where she was sounds like she's in better shape than many others.

Yeah FW I saw a picture of one of the lids online. Nasty stuff.

Cali - Good to hear about your friend, I am glad it wasn't worse and that it seems she be just fine.

Rog - My personal opinion is anyone can preform a terroristic act. Though I must agree, any more it seems the only thing american people see the word terrorism associated with is groups like the Al Queda and others.

Reports: Boston Bombing Suspect ID'd in New Video 'Game Changer'

The investigation continues, both officially and from the crowd. China and the world mourn a third victim.

The Latest:

CNN's John King is reporting that "substantial progress" has been made in the investigation: Boston officials believe they may have identified a bombing suspect. It is said to be a "clear identification of a suspect" based on new video, obtained with help of a local TV station. King's law enforcement source in Boston called it a "significant breakthrough" and a "game changer," having been told there is "one suspect" though this doesn't necessarily rule out a second suspect.