Early American Idol Leans

• Start date
  • Replies 64 Comments
  • Views 10,401 Views
I am sure there won't be too many people registering...so the odds are in our favor!

$500, here I come!

Robyn did they do Hollywood stuff this week? I still have yet to watch the two episodes this week. They are sitting on my dvr.

any books have lines up yet? or do we have to wait for later rounds?

Later rounds. Hollywood week is next week.

I think. I haven't watched the last 3 episodes but don't tell anyone.

after Hollywood week, they will have narrowed it down to the Top 24. That will be when the live shows begin and the "voting" starts. So lines should be out by late next Wednesday or early Thursday.

i have my finger on the trigger. or the left-click mouse button. whichever ou prefer

after Hollywood week, they will have narrowed it down to the Top 24. That will be when the live shows begin and the "voting" starts. So lines should be out by late next Wednesday or early Thursday.

Is that when my contest starts, or do they narrow it down further to just 13 like last year for the single ellimination game?

It gets narrowed down to the Top 12.

As for when your contest starts, that is up to you hun. The past couple of years, it has been easy to find at least one who would be in the top 3 or 4.

You will want to start it when the top 24 are nailed down. I believe that is what we will be left with after the Hollywood (pre-taped) shows. Then, the live shows start where they narrow them down to the top 12.

I want to start the competition when all of the contestants are well known, and they all get to sing every week with america voting them off. If that happens when there is 24, that' OK. I'll start then. shit, I better get going on my spreadsheet.

That would be the Top 12. But, if you pick an early winner out of the top 24, you could cash big.

Shit, I'm going to have to actually watch a show, and it sounds like this will start maybe next week right? If we go with the 24 contestant format, how do they justify getting rid of people it they haven't had any tv time for people to form an opinion?

The Top 24 will all sing live on TV. They are broken down into groups. Perhaps people can give their predictions after the show and BEFORE the results are aired...giving them 24 hours to get their picks in.

I will not make any predictions until I have seen all of the contestants perform. You really never know and they don't follow any kind of predictable formula.

You say that but the judges absolutely can sway things. If they really wanted a female to win it...they could make it happen. All it would take is some "nudging" by the judges to the voters throughout the performances.

Amby, that used to happen a lot. But the producers of 19Entertainment really seem to listen to what the fans want. I used to love/hate this show because it was so horribly executed. But they have listened to the fans throughout the years and have evolved. But yes, the production company has the right to veto the popular vote if they feel it has been in any way skewed.

Amby, that used to happen a lot. But the producers of 19Entertainment really seem to listen to what the fans want. I used to love/hate this show because it was so horribly executed. But they have listened to the fans throughout the years and have evolved. But yes, the production company has the right to veto the popular vote if they feel it has been in any way skewed.

But regardless of vetoing....don't you think the producers may tell the judges who markets, gets the best ratings, and even has the best chance of succeeding afterwards. So make sure you give them positive feedback (thus giving the voters a sense of "who they should be voting for) to keep them around longer.

But regardless of vetoing....don't you think the producers may tell the judges who markets, gets the best ratings, and even has the best chance of succeeding afterwards. So make sure you give them positive feedback (thus giving the voters a sense of "who they should be voting for) to keep them around longer.

That's pretty much how life is.

Ok we are going to start when there are 24 people left, hopefully someone here will tell me when that is.

When money is on the line, anything is possible. American Idol is not just a television show, it is a business. And people are typically in business to make money.

But I understand your skepticism. You don't watch the show, so I am sure you aren't aware that the judges do not jerk off all over the best singer if they have a bad night.