Does SEC have the best 5 teams in the country?

• Start date
  • Replies 70 Comments
  • Views 2,465 Views
So Florida by virtue of losing to Georgia guaranteed a BCS at large birth without winning their division or playing in the championship game.

What????

bcs arguments are always so much fun, er, i mean so funny.

bcs arguments are always so much fun, er, i mean so funny.

Thought for sure your answer would be yes, since the Aggies reside there! :grin:

Must have been a fun CFB year for you! My son even wants a Johnny M jersey! Unreal!

certainly was a pleasant surprise, my pessimistic old ass was thinking 7-5 was about the best we could hope for. plus it's always fun to have someone like manziel to cheer for. first time since the days of bucky richardson that i felt texas a&m had a quarterback who was both a) talented, and; b) a leader. hoping the aggies get a cotton bowl invite to play against texas, would be a real hunk o' irony if that happens in the first season they weren't scheduled to play each other.

I hope the kid wins the Heisman. Go Johnny Football!!

NIU to play in BCS game :hahaha:
what a crock of shit

.....but we are big fans of Johnny Football here in small town Jawga.
enjoyed watching TAMU this yr. Bama/LSU will have legit contender for the west w/in 2 yrs.
Mizzou will take the place of Vandy in the east

Yeah the West just got wilder and the East got another basketball team.

Whoa, Cotton Bowl hit the jackpot.

They mentioned lastnight Alabama would be an early 8-point favorite. I can't find an early offering yet but if it's mentioned as 8 pretty sure we'll actually see the predicted -9.5.

Everyone is bitching about Northern Illinois making it to a BCS game. Everyone bitched in previous years about Boise St making it due to their schedule and not having a conference championship game and blah blah blah yet when they got in they made it count.

I'm not comparing the talent of those Boise St teams with this Northern Illinois team but I am saying, why not? They wrote the "special rules" primarily to get Notre Dame into the BCS but the Irish until now just never were good enough but I digress. Northern Illinois is in and regardless if they are a non-Major and it doesn't matter that they are from the MAC they are in and by the rule they deserve it not to mention they earned it by beating Kent.

Bitch moan and complain but they could, they cough cough could hold their own against an over-rated (by me) Florida St team. Good for you NIU, good for you. Fok the haters and make FW proud.

8.5 - 9.5s across the board wally... let the teasers start flyin:rideem:

SoV
SEC is overrated.

That's why they win the BCS every year and cover whatever spread the oddsmakers decide. And that's why they have more than half the first round picks in the NFL draft first round every year.

They mentioned lastnight Alabama would be an early 8-point favorite. I can't find an early offering yet but if it's mentioned as 8 pretty sure we'll actually see the predicted -9.5.

Everyone is bitching about Northern Illinois making it to a BCS game. Everyone bitched in previous years about Boise St making it due to their schedule and not having a conference championship game and blah blah blah yet when they got in they made it count.

I'm not comparing the talent of those Boise St teams with this Northern Illinois team but I am saying, why not? They wrote the "special rules" primarily to get Notre Dame into the BCS but the Irish until now just never were good enough but I digress. Northern Illinois is in and regardless if they are a non-Major and it doesn't matter that they are from the MAC they are in and by the rule they deserve it not to mention they earned it by beating Kent.

Bitch moan and complain but they could, they cough cough could hold their own against an over-rated (by me) Florida St team. Good for you NIU, good for you. Fok the haters and make FW proud.

good point
but what gripes my ass is UGA dropping to 7 and UF jumps to what 4th?
so UF benefits from not being east champs due to losing to UGA and not playing extra game against Bama?
this system is horse shit no matter how you spin it
dont see how anything will change with whatever kinda playoff is planned, havent even looked into it or care...
deserving teams will be left out of the playoff same as BCS

6 SEC teams in the top 10
with the playoff how many teams from a conference are allowed in?

I hate to sound like I am defending Florida here but the same is true of Oregon and K-State. Georgia played and they lost so they should naturally fall. Falling to #7 might be considered a little harsh but they should have fallen. Had Alabama lost they too should have fallen.

Georgia is ranked as the 2nd two loss team behind Stanford which won their conference. They are ahead of LSU, South Carolina and Texas A&M and rightfully so. True they beat Florida but there again Florida was ranked 4th before the SEC Title game so their moving up a spot with either losing follows suit, right or wrong.

It would have been awesome (as an obvious SEC fan) to have seen Alabama play Notre Dame, Florida play Oregon, LSU play Stanford, Texas A&M play K-State and South Carolina play Oklahoma but that would have only created more SEC hate. Those games could have been followed up with Louisville/Northern Illinois, Wisconsin/FSU and so on down the line. There might be some differences of opinions but as true fans of college football it would be hard to argue that those wouldn't be intriguing matchups.

The problem here, the problem in previous years and even the problem in the future is the fans don't realize what power they actually have. If they simply refused to go to these bowl games with ho-hum matchups then the BCS would rake in the money they do and get the picture that they need to do better by the fans.

People won't do this though. People will bitch and moan and blogs will be written but in the end people will go to the games and support their teams and the BCS and other bowls will rake in the mula.

this yr is the worst bowl games eva... as far as I can remember