Does SEC have the best 5 teams in the country?

• Start date
  • Replies 70 Comments
  • Views 2,439 Views

Saulty

EV ZEIN
Since
Jan 27, 2010
Score
Tokens
Alabama
LSU
South Carolina
Georgia
Florida

Name a team in another conference that can crack the Top 5.

As a collective group....yes best teams
Top 5 i dont know???
UF,UGA, SC yet to be determined.
cue the SEC haters in 3,2,....

LSU trailing the war tiger eagles :bugs:
Arkansas getting the stink finger curiosity of Rutgers :whippedass: :lol:

Alabama is on another level compared to everyone else in the country from what I have seen( surprised to see arizona getting so many points even in Eugene against Oregon, thats going to be a good game I hope.) Oklahoma looks like crap.

Some pretty tough games ahead though for the Tide. LSU at LSU will be tough but LSU looks like shit tonight. Les Miles clutching defeat from the jaws of victory, up less than a field goal and wont run a 4th and inches play. Tennessee in Knoxville may be an interesting game for Bama, I really dont see Alabama losing in the regular season but we shall see. SEC title game should be part of the BCS series it it seems.LOL

09/01/12 vs. Michigan Arlington, Texas (Cowboys Stadium) W, 41-14
09/08/12 vs. Western Kentucky Tuscaloosa, Ala. W, 35-0
09/15/12 at Arkansas * Fayetteville, Ark. W, 52-0
09/22/12 vs. Florida Atlantic Tuscaloosa, Ala. W, 40-7
09/29/12 vs. Ole Miss * Tuscaloosa, Ala.
10/13/12 at Missouri * Columbia, Mo.
10/20/12 at Tennessee * Knoxville, Tenn. TBA
10/27/12 vs. Mississippi State * Tuscaloosa, Ala. TBA
11/03/12 at LSU * Baton Rouge, La. 7 p.m. CT
11/10/12 vs. Texas A&M * Tuscaloosa, Ala. TBA
11/17/12 vs. Western Carolina Tuscaloosa, Ala. TBA
11/24/12 vs. Auburn * Tuscaloosa, Ala.

Last edited:
Alabama
LSU
South Carolina
Georgia
Florida

leaving bama and lsu out of the equation...

oregon favored over the other 3...usc/ok/fsu favored over so.car/florida and around a pk vs uga... really florida has no business even being mentioned here, but for the sake of the thread, we can roll with it...but to answer the question, no..those arent the top 5 teams in the country

Tennessee could lose to Akron tonight and you think they would survive vs Bama? I am thinking Alabama would be favored by 3 TD's.
Oklahoma and FSU are pretenders. I'm more impressed with Clemson.

Tennessee could lose to Akron tonight and you think they would survive vs Bama? I am thinking Alabama would be favored by 3 TD's.
Oklahoma and FSU are pretenders. I'm more impressed with Clemson.

its the acc... couldnt tell if there was any overhype with fsu until tonight... clemson offense looks great :yes:

if tennessee loses, dooley deserves the ax...he wont get much more talent there than he has now

dont understand all the hoopla about Bama???
yea, they're good like always but untested so far. past couple yrs teams were far more impressive IMO at this point.
beat Michigan? wow:eyes: beat Arkansas??? :eyes:

UF shouldnt even be in discussion for top 10

while everyone's drooling over bama and LSU watch how UGA runs the table.
then plays giant killer beating bama in the SECC on the way to a long overdue title:megaman:
this yrs team has all the pieces in place and will be returning some key game changing Dbacks in the next couple weeks
also holding a UGA to win title future at +2500:bugs:

Buckeyes for the National title!

FSU looks like the they play in fast forward... or is it an illusion?
dont think I've ever seen a team with as much speed

As already stated Alabama is a completely different discussion because they are on a totally different level. Sure they can be beat but we’ll just set them to the side for the moment.

LSU: Defensively LSU deserves to be the 2nd ranked team in the country. You will be hard pressed to find another team capable of playing with their intensity. There are teams with equal or maybe overall better athletic talent in the linebacker and defensive line area like FSU but when you add the safeties and corners into the equation LSU has the edge. LSU’s problem will be on offense. It’s not that they are a bad offense because they aren’t but the offense is not on par with the defense like a Alabama team. If LSU finds themselves in a game where they have to pull one out on offense they might be in trouble.

South Carolina: Good but not great defense, potential but not consistent offense. South Carolina is a very good team but do you really think if you put them in the Pac 12, Big 10 (12) or Big 12 they could run the table? Perhaps but I’m not buying it.

Georgia: They are good but come on, they still have to win the ONLY 2 real games on their schedule in South Carolina and Florida and sorry Dawg fans they lose one and maybe both.

Florida: Surprising start to the season and a lot of potential here. This coaching staff appears to have the ability to make adjustments at halftime and turn the momentum and ultimately the game around in the 2nd half. Let’s be real though the Texas A&M game is really the only real test they have faced to this point and the Aggies were one of the worst 2nd half teams in the nation last year and are new to the SEC so while that win was GREAT for morale it doesn’t mean so much in the grand scheme of things. I love my Gators but unless they beat LSU in 2 weeks they don’t deserve to be in this conversation or thought of as one of the best teams in the land.

Now, if Pavy’s intent here was to suggest these 5 teams Round Robin the Top 5 teams from any other conference, would they stand tall? The answer to that is absolutely YES!

As already stated Alabama is a completely different discussion because they are on a totally different level. Sure they can be beat but we’ll just set them to the side for the moment.

LSU: Defensively LSU deserves to be the 2nd ranked team in the country. You will be hard pressed to find another team capable of playing with their intensity. There are teams with equal or maybe overall better athletic talent in the linebacker and defensive line area like FSU but when you add the safeties and corners into the equation LSU has the edge. LSU’s problem will be on offense. It’s not that they are a bad offense because they aren’t but the offense is not on par with the defense like a Alabama team. If LSU finds themselves in a game where they have to pull one out on offense they might be in trouble.

South Carolina: Good but not great defense, potential but not consistent offense. South Carolina is a very good team but do you really think if you put them in the Pac 12, Big 10 (12) or Big 12 they could run the table? Perhaps but I’m not buying it.

Georgia: They are good but come on, they still have to win the ONLY 2 real games on their schedule in South Carolina and Florida and sorry Dawg fans they lose one and maybe both.

Florida: Surprising start to the season and a lot of potential here. This coaching staff appears to have the ability to make adjustments at halftime and turn the momentum and ultimately the game around in the 2nd half. Let’s be real though the Texas A&M game is really the only real test they have faced to this point and the Aggies were one of the worst 2nd half teams in the nation last year and are new to the SEC so while that win was GREAT for morale it doesn’t mean so much in the grand scheme of things. I love my Gators but unless they beat LSU in 2 weeks they don’t deserve to be in this conversation or thought of as one of the best teams in the land.

Now, if Pavy’s intent here was to suggest these 5 teams Round Robin the Top 5 teams from any other conference, would they stand tall? The answer to that is absolutely YES!

interested in a friendly wager?
who wins the cocktail party?
I got $100 says UGA does:bugs:

Alabama
LSU
South Carolina
Georgia
Florida

Only Notre Dame cracked the top 5. So basically the SEC has the best 5 out of Top 6 in the country.

Notre Dame has cracked the top 1. probably forfeit the championship game though, who can hang with these two?

I hate the SEC. If you cant run you have no chance. Most every QB is horrible.