Does SEC have the best 5 teams in the country?

• Start date
  • Replies 70 Comments
  • Views 2,447 Views
my prgram has bama -9.5
close at =10.5
win by 17
book it danp

But 7-5 Wisc goes to the Rose Bowl. :punchface:

If Ohio St wasn't on suspension that 7-5 Wisconsin team would still be going to the Rose Bowl. The difference being, Notre Dame wouldn't be going to the BCS Title Game.

If Ohio St wasn't on suspension that 7-5 Wisconsin team would still be going to the Rose Bowl. The difference being, Notre Dame wouldn't be going to the BCS Title Game.

Bingo

Uh no Wal. It would be ND-OSU and the SEC would be left out.

On an unrelated question. Why can't Kansas St pass Bama in the standings assuming they win out? I still don't get how the BCS rankings work.

Uh no Wal. It would be ND-OSU and the SEC would be left out.

FW, fortunately you'll not have to be crushed and your Irish will get to play.

However due to Notre Dame's schedule and being the Independent that they are the ONLY shot they would have had at playing an undefeated Ohio St team in the title game would have been Georgia beating Bama. A 1-loss Bama team was a sure in over an undefeated Irish team.

Probably wouldn't have been fair but that's what would have happened.

On an unrelated question. Why can't Kansas St pass Bama in the standings assuming they win out? I still don't get how the BCS rankings work.

Two reasons - they don't play a conference championship game, so less chance to look good in the polls. Second reason is the southern voters vote any challengers to them low on purpose. They have done it for years and did it with ND two weeks ago.

This validates

Two reasons - they don't play a conference championship game, so less chance to look good in the polls. Second reason is the southern voters vote any challengers to them low on purpose. They have done it for years and did it with ND two weeks ago.

this

However due to Notre Dame's schedule and being the Independent that they are the ONLY shot they would have had at playing an undefeated Ohio St team in the title game would have been Georgia beating Bama. A 1-loss Bama team was a sure in over an undefeated Irish team.

Wal - all I hear is there are too many bowls. Yet Bama played 6 bowl eligible teams, Georgia played 5, and ND played 10, including the Big 12 champ and PAC 12 champ. ND plays no FCS, Sun Belt, nor MAC teams. How are SEC teams deserving over that? The only one who can make a case is Florida and their own conference fucked them.

Rough year in the south if ND wins. The NASCAR winner is from Michigan too.

So basically the BCS Rankings are determined by votes?? I can't wait until the playoffs start next year. This nonsense is mind boggling.

Pavy there are 3 computers and 2 human polls I think. I know they kept saying the computers loved Notre Dame but the human polls didn't or maybe it was the opposite. Either way it's a combination of human and computers.

blah blah
ND takes a grown man beat down
Bama brings another title back home to the SEC

story over

until next yr
pick up where you left off with the SEC blah blah shit...
same results , different yr
not gonna change unless non SEC schools find a way to win recruits out of the south
fact of life, get used to it or start worrying about bball or lacrosse

I think if the game was next week Notre Dame could keep it close. But Bama is going to have 6 weeks to analyze and see on film every single snap of Notre Dame this season.

blueprint to beat bama is laid out
can ND exploit it? I doubt it

defense---sellout and stop the run, put the game in the hands of McCarron and his passing skills
offense --- mobile QB and expose Bama CBs.
control LOS ---good luck with that

The SEC can have the best conference and lose to ND. Are all SEC fans voting for Bama vs ND? Makes no sense to me, like it validates Auburn's shitty record. Michigan fans would never vote for Ohio St in a bowl.

So basically the BCS Rankings are determined by votes?? I can't wait until the playoffs start next year. This nonsense is mind boggling.

Part computer, part polls.

The 4-team playoff would not change anything. The most deserving SEC team still would be shut-out.