Do I have any chance of getting this job?

• Start date
  • Replies 55 Comments
  • Views 4,922 Views

Vegas Dave

Not a Real GameLiver
Since
Jan 28, 2010
Score
Tokens
Went in to interview for a position to run the website for a sports radio station out here in LA on Wednesday. Definitely met the listed qualifications, got called in for an interview.

Aced the interview, she loved my resume, every point we touched on went really well. She explained that she wants this spot filled ASAP, so she hopes to decide the finalists by Friday, then set up a second interview for those finalists the following week. She will give me a call either way to let me know.

She said "If you don't hear from me Friday, just give me a call on Monday".

No call today.

So, is my call on Monday a for sure "oh, sorry, we went another direction", or do I still have some kind of chance?

Absolutely you still have a chance.

Your call on Monday is a simple one..."Hello, I am just following up per our conversation last week, have you made any decision regarding my application?".

Her being late with the call is not a bad sign.

Good luck Dave...I think you will be fine here.

Sometimes prospective employers won't call you back just because they want to see how interested you are in the position. Just call them on Monday.

Dave, don't sweat it especially over the weekend - you might get a call, you might not get a call. But the fact that she said you might get a call means that you did a good effort at the interview - they're not going to say that to someone who has no chance. If you don't get this job, at least you know you've got a combination of decent interview and you're going for the right type of job.

Sometimes prospective employers won't call you back just because they want to see how interested you are in the position. Just call them on Monday.

What MonkeyFucker said, sometimes he is right......

Davey you have to keep your head up, as the kids are saying these days. KEEP YOUR HEAD UP!!

And for Christ's sake, can you lay off the dope for just one weekend kid? This is your future we're talking about here!!

Thanks guys!

Fingers crossed. Would be a great opportunity.

I can think back to my years in business and pick this apart 8 different ways but bottom line: you certainly still have a chance. Just call them on Monday like she asked you to. Be sure to let us know how it goes.

Good luck.

I get prospective clients and GCs all the time telling me they'll call me and let me know either way if I got the job after turning in a bid.
you wanna know how many have called me to tell that I didnt win the job?
absolutely fucking 0 did.
So if they dont call I know some low balling hack got the job.
but I always make a follow up call anyway.

my profession is totally different than what you are doing but dont hold your breath.
move on to the next one

Mike, that was my original thinking... hopefully the positive feedback in this thread is right.

Dave, you ignorant slut. If the woman doesnt call you, it's all over. She was very coy because having you call on Monday eliminates her obligation to call the also-rans and break the bad news. She realizes most will understand "when the phone doesn't ring, you'll know it's me." Those few that do call will require the "we really liked you but decided to go in another direction." less work for her in the end.

Sorry VD, but this job is not a lockline winner for you. Perhaps you'd care to visit my site as I give free selections every day of the week. You play those picks, turn that into cash and voila, no job no problemo. Feel better now?

Monkey's absolutely right. Some places will purposely refrain from giving you a call back because they want to see which candidates will show the most initiative by following up.

Call first thing Monday morning.

GL.

Monkey's absolutely right. Some places will purposely refrain from giving you a call back because they want to see which candidates will show the most initiative by following up.

Call first thing Monday morning.

GL.

From the guy who said katy Perry wasn't even remotely attractive. You're in trouble Dave.

I hate to agree with Screeching Johnson. GL Davey.

Swinging Johnson isn't even remotely attractive.

Where can I buy your picks?

wave.gif