Dead Horses at Santa Anita

• Start date
  • Replies 92 Comments
  • Views 6,403 Views
Just like that shes gone. Commerical breeder bought her for 170k. Theyll prob try to get her a graded stakes placing then theyll breed her (maybe to Keen Ice). Very sad. She was special.

Sorry boner. Cest la vie.

What was your ROI on the ol girl?

Bought in for approx 3500. Prolly will walk away with that amount in profit, so 100%. Maybe a bit more. Fun experience for sure and the "own 3%" model aint half bad if you just want to be "in the game". I wanna call the shots tho, and that's a weeeee bit pricier.

Just like that shes gone. Commerical breeder bought her for 170k. Theyll prob try to get her a graded stakes placing then theyll breed her (maybe to Keen Ice). Very sad. She was special.

nooooo English Soul bye bye baby :goodbye:

I hope you have a good sexing career

They got her graded stakes placing (3rd) yesterday @ 32-1. Basically they just increased her value by 50-60k and we look like tools for selling.

Bought 20% of this guy.

He'll hit the track (hopefully) in 2021.
Screenshot_20200803-151540_Drive.jpg

A yearling so 1 year old. It was born in 2019 and turned 1 years old (as EVERY thoroughbred does) on Jan 1.

nooooo English Soul bye bye baby :goodbye:

I hope you have a good sexing career

English Soul had a terrible sexing career - Calumet Farm briefly returned her to training (maybe not barren but not worth "fixing"). When she didn't take to a return to racing one of the other minority partners offered to take her as a pasture ornament at their farm in VT. I hope to go visit her someday.
Bought 20% of this guy.

He'll hit the track (hopefully) in 2021.View attachment 3723

Magical Mousse gonna debut in August in NJ. I have it mapped out how he gets into and wins the Derby. Stay tuned.

I was at this guys place, and he had a retired race horse. And I was like, what's his racing name.
He says it was Sargent Alvarez.
Yep I could bet on a Sargent Alvarez

Magical Mousse gonna debut in August in NJ. I have it mapped out how he gets into and wins the Derby. Stay tuned.
Finally making debut tomorrow @ Delaware Park. Probably a good bet to hit the board at anything better than 4-1.

Screenshot_20211029-170901_Chrome.jpg

1. Beautiful looking horse
2. Wish you the best of luck
3. Might have started a new thread instead of posting in the dead horse thread :D

Medina Spirit - finished first in the 2021 KY Derby drops dead. CA racing will be gone in 5 years.

fucked up

california fucks everything up now

too pretty

The #8 at Tampa was making a big move, only to have his leg break under the canon bone.

Watch him gimp past the line after he gets up from the spill with his leg dangling.