Dead Horses at Santa Anita

• Start date
  • Replies 92 Comments
  • Views 6,409 Views
Watched the race but didn’t bet it. Already shot my load before the race went off.

Goin again 7/25 @442 EDT, same race conditions. The Graham Motion horse is scary. A couple other new shooters. She'll go off as 2nd or 3rd choice. She's def live.

I'll be in attendance, see me in the Winner's circle.

Goin again 7/25 @442 EDT, same race conditions. The Graham Motion horse is scary. A couple other new shooters. She'll go off as 2nd or 3rd choice. She's def live.

I'll be in attendance, see me in the Winner's circle.

I’ll be betting

Shes 8-1 on the ML... I hope Andy Serling stays off her, worried she comes down in price a bunch. The Chad Brown shipper is scary too but hopefully ES sets up as lone speed, I'm sure that'll be the tactic. Gonna prob hit her harder than I ever have ATB and in some exactas.

They brought the race back today after the thur cancellation. Mostly the same shooters, another chad brown shipper. Unfortunately, I cant attend.

They brought the race back today after the thur cancellation. Mostly the same shooters, another chad brown shipper. Unfortunately, I cant attend.

Which race is it?

7 @ 440 or so. She drew the one hole and is 6-1 on the ML. Thought it might get taken off and then shed be a lock (albeit at 2-1 or some shit). Kinda happy it will stay on the turf. She should be third choice, hoping for 7-2 or better. Those french Chad brown horses are serious but unless something changed since I saw her work on Friday she should be ready to fire.

If she can gut it out and take a step forward in her figs we'll prob shoot a G3 at some point. If she steps back it's back to state bred company.

BOL if you bet it.

7 @ 440 or so. She drew the one hole and is 6-1 on the ML. Thought it might get taken off and then shed be a lock (albeit at 2-1 or some shit). Kinda happy it will stay on the turf. She should be third choice, hoping for 7-2 or better. Those french Chad brown horses are serious but unless something changed since I saw her work on Friday she should be ready to fire.

If she can gut it out and take a step forward in her figs we'll prob shoot a G3 at some point. If she steps back it's back to state bred company.

BOL if you bet it.
I’m on it

Mascha is a stakes horse... Bummer but still a decent paycheck 20% of the 92k purse for 2nd (+7.5% from NY for finishing top 4 against open company). Lost all my bets except a $25 place bet. Bet shell go to the Yaddo Stakes on 8/23.

Sorry caspy.

Mascha is a stakes horse... Bummer but still a decent paycheck 20% of the 92k purse for 2nd (+7.5% from NY for finishing top 4 against open company). Lost all my bets except a $25 place bet. Bet shell go to the Yaddo Stakes on 8/23.

Sorry caspy.

Don’t be. I had it ATB.

I usually only bet show but w your horse I went ATB

Running again today in the 7th at Belmont. She's been bleeding (lungs) a bit so she's been training a bit lighter than we'd like. The Chad Brown looks good but will be over bet for sure. Don't really like my girls chances at 5-1... 8-1 a different story. Prob bet her on the DD with True Timber, or other non-Maximum Security options. Maybe some exacta boxes with medium odds selections.

Horse goes through the sales ring @ Keenland today, Hip 1018. We'll have a reserve on her, but for the right price shes prob moving to another barn (or the breeding shed). I would like to race her for one more year but I'm just a minority owner and everyone else is seeing $$. Cest la vie.

In thread appropriate news, a horse died at Santa Anita in the BC Classic (actually euthanized later off track). Safe to say either no one cares about this headline (dying horses at SA) anymore or racing in CA is so done that it's a foregone conclusion. Prob a combination of both.

Horse goes through the sales ring @ Keenland today, Hip 1018. We'll have a reserve on her, but for the right price shes prob moving to another barn (or the breeding shed). I would like to race her for one more year but I'm just a minority owner and everyone else is seeing $$. Cest la vie.

In thread appropriate news, a horse died at Santa Anita in the BC Classic (actually euthanized later off track). Safe to say either no one cares about this headline (dying horses at SA) anymore or racing in CA is so done that it's a foregone conclusion. Prob a combination of both.

Hopefully you’ll get a couple of $$ for the horse Boner. Sorry you won’t be able to keep her 1 more year.

After the BC, I heard the casual fans talking about the death. I think at this point they are desensitized to it.

Thought I heard PETA has been camped out protesting there.

Kinda said they are a laughing stock these days, cause they prolly used to make a difference.