• Replies 9 Comments
  • Views 1,319 Views

MrsMonkey

Peanut
Since
Mar 22, 2010
Score
Tokens
With the second round of dances on the horizon upcoming on Monday evening, 3/29/10, time to remind everyone how the stars fared last week. The following night one of the contestants will be asked to leave the show. Over the years of watching of DWTS, being the first person to be eliminated always seems to be a hard pill to swallow. The success the contestants have had in their fields is why the invitation to DWTS was given out, so naturally they have the competitive drive to succeed.

Here is how the leaderboard looks total points wise after the judges gave out their scores.

25 Nicole Scherzinger
23 Evan Lysacek
21 Erin Andrews
21 Pamela Anderson
20 Jake Pavelka
18 Chad Ochocinco
18 Shannon Doherty
18 Niecy Nash
16 Kate Gosselin
15 Aiden Turner
14 Buzz Aldrin

Following is the way I viewed the performances and how the standings would be without regard to score.

1) Pussycat Nicole performed a Viennese Waltz and did an outstanding job showing why she deserved to be in first place. Not hard to see why she went into the competition as one of the favorites. With good choreographer and previous DWTS winner Derek Hough as her partner no reason she shouldn't be around till the end.

2) Ice skater Evan's performance also showed why he was considered to be a final week performer. Also dancing the Viennese Waltz, his lines and structure were commended. The judges slight complaint had to do with his footwork and not pointing his toes. No doubt at the moment he and Nicole are clearly above the rest.

3) Bachelorette contestant Jake in my opinion was 3rd best even though the judges scores don't show. His performance with the Viennese Waltz was if not spectacular just plain solid. She is partnered with young, rising pro star Chelsie Hightower. Keep an eye on these two as I believe they could surprise.

4) ESPN reporter Erin performed a Cha-Cha and even though she received a good score, her dancing at times seemed awkward. All in all the potential is there with her tall, lovely body. Anxious to see her do the waltz and having Maksim as her partner doesn't hurt one bit. Is possibly something brewing off the dance floor?

5) Pamela! Wow! She did a Cha-Cha and she definitely knows how to put on a show. She also did her impression of Farah Fawcett on the Letterman show. Judge Bruno was mesmerized. Have to wait to see her perform a more refined dance but the potential is there. Newcomer pro Damien Whitewood should enjoy his tutoring.

6) Football star Chad performed a Cha-Cha also and did a fine job shaking his money-maker. His big test will be performing a ballroom dance but his height gives me the opinion he will do well. Take note that his pro dancing partner Cheryl Burke is a two-time champion on DWTS with ex-football player Emmitt Smith being one of her co-winners.

T7) Reno 911 member Niecy did a Cha-Cha that didn't impress or displease the judges with her performance. Has the big package that put on a show if partner Louie can bring it out of her. Don't see her leaving on Tuesday.

T7) 90210 star Shannon seemed somewhat scared in performing her Viennese Waltz. Stiff in her movement and expected more from her. If partner Mark Ballas can get her to appear more enthused and smile, she will no doubt continue to move on.

9) Reality star Kate begins the list of the 3 choices to exit the show first. More or less a meltdown of nerves that left both the judges and audience wanting more from her Viennese Waltz. If her performance this week doesn't improve, she could be getting canned. Expect her to improve with steady veteran Mark Dovolani as her partner.

10) Soap star Aiden wasn't one of the pre-show favorites and his Cha-Cha did everything to reassure that fact. He was stiff and uncoordinated with his performance. Depending on this week's showing, possibly his staying past Tuesday rests with how much the people want to see her partner Edyata in her renowned skimpy attire?

11) American hero ex-astronaut Buzz performed a Cha-Cha that was just bloody awful. No other way to put it, but let me say he gave it his best shot and what did we expect at the age of 80. Cloris Leachman might have spoiled the DWTS producers in thinking going old will bring in big ratings. Buzz doesn't have her "wow factor" but depending on his performance could possibly last another week with a sympathy vote from the viewers?

Present Odds
Aiden Turner
30/1
Buzz Aldrin
100/1
Chad Ochocinco
7/1
Erin Andrews
5/1
Evan Lysacek
2/1
Jake Pavelka
10/1
Kate Gosselin
30/1
Niecy Nash
50/1
Nicole Scherzinger
3/2
Pamela Anderson
15/2
Shannen Doherty
20/1

Awesome stuff, MrsMonkey! You may get me to watch this show yet!

So the two who are basically professional dancers are at the top of the leaderboard. Startling.

Thinks aren't looking good for my man Buzz.

we have a star in mrs. monkey

Pamela! Wow! She did a Cha-Cha and she definitely knows how to put on a show. She also did her impression of Farah Fawcett on the Letterman show.

:lmao:

ESPN reporter Erin performed a Cha-Cha and even though she received a good score, her dancing at times seemed awkward. All in all the potential is there with her tall, lovely body.

Whoa! Didn't know you had it like THAT Mrs. Monkey! :clap:

Rooting on Chad with Cheryl! Love her new soft perm curl look! IMO right now Aiden would be my choice to go. Viewers know Kate better and Buzz is old so won't kick him to curb yet. WhoTF is Aiden? Never heard of ya, pal!

Last edited: