Coronavirus

• Start date
  • Replies 3,013 Comments
  • Views 172,157 Views
I agree 100% that pushing the vaccine on anyone under 18 was/is gross.

This is the guy I’m supposed to trust?
I know this was a rhetorical question, but no. You're "supposed" to trust the scientific community, worldwide, at large.

Any one individual is fallible. Fauci is for sure a shithead. He speculates/guesses all the time with smugness and then flip-flops after the fact and hides behind the fact that he was "only speculating" or whatever. He sucks.

I'd just implore you to be consistent. Hold the doctors and theorists that you are getting your anti-vaccination theories from to the same standard of truth and call out their past and present bullshit, too.

It's a great quality to be skeptical and to not take everything you hear at face value. It's less so when you are selective in doing so. I hope you are holding the sources that you agree with to the same standard, calling them out on their bullshit and falsehoods.

I’m already past all that and into the conclusion stage. Fauci is discreditable. Opinions that aren’t inline with the narrative are silenced. Doctors who don’t agree with that narrative are threatened with losing their medical license.

Reasonability and rationality tell me to side with people who people who speak with everything to lose rather than people who stand to gain.

right. It's not about the individuals, it's about what they are saying. If I'm more inclined to appreciate the doctors from the GB decleration or Dr. Malone, it's not because I'm trusting them. It's because they appear to have a much more reasonable perspective than the lockdown/mask/mandate eggheads. And they have the guts to say things which endanger their reputations and careers.

it's not because I'm trusting them. It's because they appear to have a much more reasonable perspective than the lockdown/mask/mandate eggheads.
In other words, they are saying things you agree with. So their credibility or trustworthiness doesn't matter.
And they have the guts to say things which endanger their reputations and careers.
Malone wrote a book about COVID in 2020 and has another one coming out in 2022. He and many of the other docs speaking out againt COVID-19 are making $ selling books, speaking engagements, etc. Those with private practices seeing upticks in anti-vax business, etc.

Again, be consistent. I'm fine admitting that the media and politically driven figures like Fauci have agendas. You meanwhile won't hold anyone you agree with to any degree of scrutiny. When scrutiny and critical thinking i supposed to be the whole point of the anti-establishment mentality, aren't they?

sure. This is news to you? Im posting view points that I tend to agree with, find informative, or at least that I appreciate. It's not that their credibility doesn't matter, but I'm not posting things because of who says em as much as what's being said.
You posted 1 thing in 100+ pages that goes against your narrative? I don't think so.

Fine, everybody makes money writing books, if they have a thing people want to hear, that's the way system here works. :dunno:

In other words, they are saying things you agree with. So their credibility or trustworthiness doesn't matter.

Malone wrote a book about COVID in 2020 and has another one coming out in 2022. He and many of the other docs speaking out againt COVID-19 are making $ selling books, speaking engagements, etc. Those with private practices seeing upticks in anti-vax business, etc.

Again, be consistent. I'm fine admitting that the media and politically driven figures like Fauci have agendas. You meanwhile won't hold anyone you agree with to any degree of scrutiny. When scrutiny and critical thinking i supposed to be the whole point of the anti-establishment mentality, aren't they?
Like I said this isn't about the individual. And btw all the people I'm talking about are prominent experts in their field afaik.
I don't see much substantive debate or analysis from the other side. It's just fearmongering and obey. The fact that they simply resorting to censoring people is another WOW! moment for me.

From day one my issue has not been with vaccines masks or "distancing". It's the attempt to force others.
And I'm baffled (scared actually) that this could be a minority opinion in a society that's based on individual rights. (it's primary redeeming quality) :eek:

Like I said this isn't about the individual. And btw all the people I'm talking about are prominent experts in their field afaik.
I don't see much substantive debate or analysis from the other side. It's just fearmongering and obey. The fact that they simply resorting to censoring people is another WOW! moment for me.

From day one my issue has not been with vaccines masks or "distancing". It's the attempt to force others.
And I'm baffled (scared actually) that this could be a minority opinion in a society that's based on individual rights. (it's primary redeeming quality) :eek:
I don't see much substantive debate or analysis from you, either. You just speak in sweeping generalizations. "They" do this and that. Individuals don't matter, stats don't matter, it's all just following patterns of your own criteria and and going on "feel".

Which is fine. But again it's just wildly inconsistent. If you care so much about not having the wool pulled over your eyes and not blindly following others, than you SHOULD care about truth and you SHOULDN'T blindly follow the other others.

I'm with you that an overreaching government is scary as shit and that the precedents being set here will do long term damage to our freedoms. Just like the "patriot act" did post-9/11. But you can be upset and concerned about government and media AND ALSO come to the conclusion (based on the research and statistics of many separate global entities that would never be working together) that vaccinations are good for both individual and public health.

These concepts aren't mutually exclusive.

you SHOULDN'T blindly follow the other others.
:laugh: I would almost make this a signature, if it wasn't for me having too many.
I'm curious why one would think I'm following anybody :hmm:
I've been around for a long time and been following world events from a young age. ...I don't think I "follow" anybody. My opinions are my own, as far as I can tell. I do appreciate people who seem to me have a reasonable grasp of reality. That's all. Doesn't mean I follow somebody.

But it's not the 1st time I've encountered this. :clueless: Do I look like some shlep that can only "follow" somebody?

I think I'm the only poster that got it.

I'm Philly tough as fuk so it wasn't no thang.

600%

Attachments

• B27C04BD-6452-4CAB-BC0B-7153840109F4.jpeg
    B27C04BD-6452-4CAB-BC0B-7153840109F4.jpeg
    229.2 KB · Views: 79
I think I'm the only poster that got it.

I'm Philly tough as fuk so it wasn't no thang.
Everybody in my house got it except for me. When the world was shut in I worked every day and did all the shopping.

I played in the dirt as a kid, tried to dig to China many times and grew up with animals in the house.

I drink and smoke and never get sick. I think I could eat a bowl of corona and not get it.

Steves and Housepicks tough as nails, yo

Uncle Joe

Attachments

• 3F96CBC6-2A9D-4C8E-A075-EB937D433D15.jpeg
    3F96CBC6-2A9D-4C8E-A075-EB937D433D15.jpeg
    176.2 KB · Views: 91