Coronavirus

• Start date
  • Replies 3,013 Comments
  • Views 168,334 Views
I don't think we're going to be in lockdown continuously, but we're likely to come in and out of lockdown several times.

Sure but what are you going to do while everything is closed and the majority of people are in some sort of isolation?
I hope people don't tolerate that for long. But I guess there's a lot more content sedentary bastards than I realized. I have faith Trump will straighten em out :aok:
Otherwise, we're going underground. :megarock:

30 days from now we will have everything open. For a good 3 or 4 months afterwards, it will be all the news will talk about unless a terrorist attack or Tom Cruise dies in a stunt accident.

30 days from now we will have everything open. For a good 3 or 4 months afterwards, it will be all the news will talk about unless a terrorist attack or Tom Cruise dies in a stunt accident.
Maybe everyone will get sick of panicking and the media will be forced to quit pushing the story and things can back to sanity

Sure but what are you going to do while everything is closed and the majority of people are in some sort of isolation?

I will be in Las Vegas before August guaranteed

Maybe everyone will get sick of panicking and the media will be forced to quit pushing the story and things can back to sanity

unfortunately, we have a select group of people that love complaining in election years. They will continue to complain.

Shelter-in-place everyone for a month or 6 weeks so we can flatten the curve so hospitals aren’t overwhelmed? I’m all for it. Count me in.

Can we make it 8 weeks?

:handshake:

matty, I really think everything will be open in 30 days in the US.

Because coronavirus is solved? Or people are done resisting it? How do you see next 30 days playing out? (Genuinely curious, not being combative)

Because coronavirus is solved? Or people are done resisting it? How do you see next 30 days playing out? (Genuinely curious, not being combative)

definitely not solved. As long as money can be made on this pandemic by rich people, it will never be quite solved. I do see the cases growing in the next 2 weeks (due to the amount of people tested, not because of spread). I’m a firm believer that many undocumented cases have come and gone of this the last month. When the numbers do level out in two weeks, Democrats will start clamoring to get back to this election, which in turn will get them to concede getting Americans back to a normal life environment. By April 25th, 98% of people will be back to work.

I'm keeping a close eye on southern Florida. Let's see how the virus spreads in hot weather. Looks like high 80 F days there

I'm keeping a close eye on southern Florida. Let's see how the virus spreads in hot weather. Looks like high 80 F days there
Not sure about South Florida, but here in Central Florida, we are on lockdown. Weather isn’t that hot in this area today.

definitely not solved. As long as money can be made on this pandemic by rich people, it will never be quite solved. I do see the cases growing in the next 2 weeks (due to the amount of people tested, not because of spread). I’m a firm believer that many undocumented cases have come and gone of this the last month. When the numbers do level out in two weeks, Democrats will start clamoring to get back to this election, which in turn will get them to concede getting Americans back to a normal life environment. By April 25th, 98% of people will be back to work.

Yeah, there's no doubt many undocumented cases have come and gone. I'm pretty sure my flu was one of them to be honest. I still have the dry cough almost two weeks later.

So in your scenario we are just accepting herd immunity? I completely understand the points you and others are making about the media and rich people profiting off of panic. But I still don't understand how it makes the actual pandemic any less real.

All signs point to the USA becoming the new epicenter of the disease soon. This isn't paranoia or fake news, it's just statistics and reports from reputable sources. Cases both documented and undocumented are going to continue to skyrocket, especially if we decide to give up on the quarantine.

I see no scenario at all in which 98% of people are back to work in 30 days. LA mayor is already saying look for 2+ months of shutdown. Some cities and states will likely reopen businesses, but not all will. And some of the businesses themselves won't reopen, whether out of genuine fear or for PR purposes ("putting health first" etc).

I hear what you are saying Dave. I also throw out anything said by any politicians from NY or California lol. Maybe not 98% but in 30 days I feel the majority of the US will be back to work. Just my opinion. Not based on fact.