Coronavirus

• Start date
  • Replies 3,013 Comments
  • Views 173,039 Views
The current global mortality rate (outside of Wuhan) is 0.7%

The mortality rates for China and the rest of the world are the same - 4%

Dr. Birx of the Coronavirus Task Force said during the White House press conference on Tuesday that the global mortality rate (excluding Wuhan) was 0.7%

I hit rewind on my TV to make sure I heard it right.

So fukkin weird without the school kids and the commuters on my way home from the night shift. 7:30 am subway virtually deserted, used to be mobbed. Bus nearly deserted except for some poor elderly people doing some high risk running around and guys like with me with jobs that need to be done regardless, and I'm actually thankful for that. I'm not paycheck to paycheck, but I'm closer than many. Very thankful transit is up too.

I need a fukkin haircut but no dice, closed until further notice. Do I have to do my own? Thank God that I get to wear a hat with my job as well, I guess.

Amazon/Whole Foods rock solid arrangement for returns - you don't have to pack anything at all. Bring item with code to register, they scan it, pack it/send it and you're good to go. So when you're 44 with a big head and you accidentally buy a children's as opposed to an adult's extra large Flyers hat for $25 like an asshole you can return it no problem.

Whole Foods solid. They reduced their hours but they're working their fucking asses off up in there for the middle/upper class in the area - people you don't want to piss off. That's a tough job right now and I respect that.

Bum angle playing. He could tell that I was feeling sentimental and was for half a second considering giving him something to stay warm (only option was $100 North Face) and he starts moaning in pain. It's not that cold out asshole and I can tell you don't have the virus. If you didn't try so hard so as to making it actually embarrassing to hand you a buck I may have given you one. Smart play though I guess in the grand scheme of things for him, could work on elderlies.

Times like these bring out the good and bad in people to an extent I guess, depending on the situation. Wish I had the ability to do more but I really don't, I'm just starting to stabalize to an extent myself.

This view almost made me weep. Area that should be arguably packed at said time in the morning practically deserted, including one of the biggest news stations in the tri-state area.

Ch_3.jpg

You know who got the big compliment? The Asians with the store across from the bus stop in the hood whom are still well stocked with eggs at $.99 per dozen and the Scotties at a reasonable price. I bet they're taking a lot of shit from the local dickheads for being Asian right now and where as I had to pay a much higher price elsewhere because of my commute the fact that they are open, selling stuff at normal prices, and most impressively are staying well stocked is very impressive.

Two days off work, I come out and one of the biggest cities in the world is a fucking ghost town. It's one thing to read about it and a whole different beast to see it.

Be safe Gamelivers.

This shit is an absolute mindfuck.

Last edited:
Dr. Birx of the Coronavirus Task Force said during the White House press conference on Tuesday that the global mortality rate (excluding Wuhan) was 0.7%

I hit rewind on my TV to make sure I heard it right.

Now, you know he/she was lying. That's WH for you.

Screenshot_20200318-123908_Chrome.jpg

Those 12 hospital beds are absolutley crushing the healthcare system. Bad time to have a heart attack folks. GODDAMN YOU VIRUS!

Dr. Birx just now at the WH press conference:

Positive test results will spike in the next 4-5 days as tests that were waiting to be read will all be read in a short period of time on a more efficient platform.

It doesn’t mean we have to go into a FULL DUMPSTER FIRE PANIC.

By the way, I’m self quarantining because it’s not difficult to do and elderly lives matter.

I have AC,books, Netflix, booze etc.

But I fucking hate fear mongering

According the the Imperial report out of the UK, if you’re between the ages of 30-39, you have a 3.2% chance of developing symptoms of COVID-19 that require hospitalization. And a 0.08% chance of dying.

40-49 years old? 4.9% chance of developing symptoms that require hospitalization. 0.15% chance of dying from COVID-19.

If you’re over 80 years old: 27.3% will require hospitalization with 9.3% dying from COVID-19.

I wonder how the Over 80 compares to the seasonal flu.

Two of my Toronto friends were laid off today. One is an event planner and another one is a graphic designer. This shit has a very quick domino effect.

Union Square Hospitality, the group that brought you shake shack and porchlight (tron I reccomend that to you in another thread) just laid off 2,000 in NYC. Fuuuuuccckkk.

The Smartmade chicken and cauliflower fried rice bowl frozen dinner that was substituted by Amazon for a bunch of my Healthy Choice Steamers?

Actually pretty delicious.

Who knew.

Amazon did - that's who.

God Bless America.

Yeah, hard for me to believe that all the damage caused by these out of control shutdowns isn't gonna bury a level of magnitude more people than the virus itself ever could.
And I find it interesting that with all the media I'm watching on this, I see no one asking these experts how long will the shutdowns last. If somebody at least had an idea or a plan, maybe they could calm down the public. And have a legit conversation of weighing risks and benefits. But seems like there's no interest in doing so.
Makes one feel like it's a ploy to shake up the economic system and bury a bunch of people, for somebody's benefit
They ground everything to a halt to prevent the possibility that some things might grind to a halt :wacko:

Reno.

Russia has plenty of pro sports to bet on.

:fivergays:

Russia has 199 cases out of 145 million people

People can be such petty, simpleton, groupthink, toilet paper hoarding assholes. No wonder elites have no respect for us. They'll keep burying us, with no regrets