Coronavirus

• Start date
  • Replies 3,015 Comments
  • Views 174,922 Views
I want to go to a Costco with a feminist and hear her complain why a case of tampons costs $79.00

Costco was a status thing for my family growing up. Having a Costco card meant that you were upper-working-class. Put on a clean shirt and you could even pass for lower-middle if you kept the fart jokes to a minimum.

But I think the wider appeal is just pricing and bulk packaging. When you have 3 or 4 kids you ain't buying one jar of Nutella at a time, you need a 4-pack and you want wholesale pricing.

Plus a Costco card meant you could justify buying a big car/minivan to haul all that shit. We had a Ford Aerostar.

Walmart is for the plebs. Costco is for the plebs who think they fancy. It's a lifestyle.

This explanation of how Costco and its culture work gets 8.25 Matty Rains out of 10.

:canada::canada: :canada: :canada: :canada: :canada: :canada: :canada:.25

I never went to Costco growing up, but love it now.

Most things they stock are high quality. I commonly regret buying something elsewhere, because it will be a shittier product at a higher cost.

Those Kirkland folks have it figured out.

This patio set we just got is TITS:

81B79430-86E6-4069-BD5A-1249E612694A.jpeg

Yeah the Kirkland foodstuff is better than anything at Walmart. The cakes are good, the meat is good.

And some deals are incredible - blue cheese is literally 1/4 of the price I pay at my neighborhood grocery store. (We go to Costco about once a year with my in-laws.)

Never been inside a Costco.

Welcome to Costco, I love you.

First one I went to was called "Price Club". I think Costco acquired them in the 90's. Was the exact same concept.

IMG_0364.JPG.jpg

Roguey can you change the name of this thread to CostcoRus please??

I had a Zoom meet up with 16 of my high school friends last night. It took a quarantine to make that happen.

One of them won a Grammy. One basically owns Miami and is a billionaire. One is a politician.
Im a bartender, but I have my hair.

Yep...I’m a real winner
Not a fan of the negative self talk pal. Thats just your own insecurities manifesting in your noggin.

What you do for a living, how much dough you have, how hot your partner is, what you drive, how big your home/kok is, your neighborhood etc etc etc are are meaningless in the grand scheme of life. Trying to impress people and owning "things" will not make you happy (long term).

I live in a bachelor apt, in a lower middle class neighborhood on a small fixed income provided by the government. Its not glamorous and some people have tried to mock/shame me about where I live etc but it doesn't matter to me what others think as I live very well with very little worry or fucks to give.

What I have is this: My health, citizenship/residence in a first world nation, a safe secure and comfy apt that is well heated in winter and well cooled in summer with nice modern appliances, big screen tv, modern PC, high speed internet, entertainment, food (security), clean water, full medical and dental coverage, good neighbors, shopping very close by etc etc etc. Most importantly is I have zero stress and life right now is a fucking walk in the park.

I'm not interested in accumulating things, I'm interested in living well. nothing else matters.

PS: I may have left things out but you get the general idea. Live well Caspy, live well.

PPS: Holy fuck, I forgot to mention my cat. Absolutely the love of my life. I LOVE LOVE LOVE my little fat furry orange pal. He makes me smile every day. Now I feel bad for not mentioning the little cunt earlier.
jFEhtGA.jpg

KR9oUyb.jpg
9cL4K33.jpg

Last edited:
Not a fan of the negative self talk pal. Thats just your own insecurities manifesting in your noggin.

What you do for a living, how much dough you have, how hot your partner is, what you drive, how big your home/kok is, your neighborhood etc etc etc are are meaningless in the grand scheme of life. Trying to impress people and owning "things" will not make you happy (long term).

I live in a bachelor apt, in a lower middle class neighborhood on a small fixed income provided by the government. Its not glamorous and some people have tried to mock/shame me about where I live etc but it doesn't matter to me what others think as I live very well with very little worry or fucks to give.

What I have is this: My health, citizenship/residence in a first world nation, a safe secure and comfy apt that is well heated in winter and well cooled in summer with nice modern appliances, big screen tv, modern PC, high speed internet, entertainment, food (security), clean water, full medical and dental coverage, good neighbors, shopping very close by etc etc etc. Most importantly is I have zero stress and life right now is a fucking walk in the park.

I'm not interested in accumulating things, I'm interested in living well. nothing else matters.

PS: I may have left things out but you get the general idea. Live well Caspy, live well.

:clapping::clapping::clapping::clapping::clapping:

PLOM 4 PREZ 2020!!!!

Alright, Plommer is in for the zoom then. He can show and talk about his fucking cat. 🐱

Alright, Plommer is in for the zoom then. He can show and talk about his fucking cat. 🐱
I'd do zoom but I don't have a webcam with my pc.

I love pussy more than ever as a middle aged fuck, just a different type than before. My guy loves to sit with me wherever I may be. Never thought I could love a cat this much.

n0c4Lyq.jpg

This article seems to be explaining some of the reasons for things. Ties together the anti-China rhetoric with attempts to homebody and terrify the public.

"Last year, a U.S. government body dedicated to examining how artificial intelligence can “address the national security and defense needs of the United States” discussed in detail the “structural” changes that the American economy and society must undergo in order to ensure a technological advantage over China, according to a recent document acquired through a FOIA request. "