Coronavirus

• Start date
  • Replies 3,015 Comments
  • Views 175,248 Views
“Is what we are doing now really the best approach? How can we respond to COVID-19 in a way that keeps our economy intact, keeps people employed, and empowers our people with a feeling of hope and optimism, not desperation and despair?” he said.

yeah no shit. Personally, my concern of weakening physical and emotional health due to the disruption is about 100x my fear of the virus. And I don't even have any immediate financial concern.

Reno, the people that were physically healthy before this will be just fine. We find ways to stay active. As far as the emotional health, I hear what you are saying, but I personally won’t feel bad for them.

:what:
We're all at various degrees of relative health.
For myself, I am concerned.

is this is pretty freaky

April 12 2009 to April 10 2010 we had 12,469 H1N1 Deaths

April 6 2020 to April 12 2020 we had 12,469 H1N1 Deaths

is that a glitch in the matrix? how the fuck are those two numbers the same?

:what:
We're all at various degrees of relative health.
For myself, I am concerned.

Are you concerned physically for your personal health due to the lockdown pal?

I used to play 6 games of hockey a week. Can hardly replace that :hattip:

I used to play 6 games of hockey a week. Can hardly replace that :hattip:

Yeah but you can do other things. Maybe you won’t be quite as a specimen as you were ore lockdown, but you’ll be fine lol

Damn RIP COVID-19 you had a good run.

:lol: Sad Davey though that there are so many people that are donating to this guy! Biden's team should hire him ASAP! He might need a miracle performer to get him elected Pres! Trump has the people of faith behind him and he really exploited it during this holy week!

Have to admit Trump played the HOLY card to the max this week! Honestly it was a little hard for me to take! He's in politics now so he better play the (their) game, and get BETTER at it! For me backing Trump it's nothing personal, it's all about BUSINESS, America's business!

did a quick search on that wind of god guy

his net worth is like 300 million and he is 83

I would think he'd just want to retire from all that and just enjoy his money in his last years

these guys need the adoration and attention as much as the $ I guess

Kenneth Copeland and his wife, Gloria Copeland, were featured in a 2015 episode of Last Week Tonight with John Oliver that gained media attention.[39][40][41][42] Comedian John Oliver criticized the Copelands for using tax laws to live in a $6.3 million mansion as the parsonage allowance for their home is not subject to income taxes,[43] for using church donations to buy a $20 million jet that was used for trips to a ski resort and a private game ranch,[44] and for promotion of healing through faith and skepticism of medicine, which Oliver highlighted with a video of Gloria Copeland saying that doctors give patients "poison that will make you sicker" and that the church is an alternative to medical treatment: "Which do you want to do? Do you want to do that", Copeland asked of the doctor's "poison" treatment, "or do you want to sit here on a Saturday morning, hear the word of God, and let faith come into your heart and be healed?"

Hopefully Arch were looking down on this guy when he's dead!

Guess it depends on what is meant by "open up". I wasn't sure the feseral government had acted in any way. Surely a governor can rescind or end a state wide "stay at home order". All of this as currently "enacted" is like 99% unconstitutional anyway. We're all just going along with it because most of these folks are prolly scared shitless.

In general, and with one notable exception, since the signing of the constitution states rights have trended downward over time. I mean, finding authority to force states to force their residents to buy something through a punitive tax (Obamacare) pretty much proved who's boss.

Federal guide lines look like suggestions to me. Seems like mayors and governors hounded by the idiotic public and media ordered everything shut.
I suppose the Feds can tell em they aren't allowed to do this.
This kinda interesting how it happened in Denver. Apparently somebody has some sway on what gets closed.