Coronavirus

• Start date
  • Replies 3,013 Comments
  • Views 172,789 Views
Updated IHME model shows essentially no new COVID-19 deaths by June 1, 2020 assuming continued social distancing through May 2020

Vegas Dave please set a line for NFL won’t play in 2020.

US intelligence has concluded that China liedabout the number of COVID-19 cases and deaths that it had. That report is classified, but it’s something that many of us suspected all along.

China officially reported just 81,556 cases and 3,312 deaths. The US already has 321,167 cases and 9,107 deaths.

Unfortunately most of the world relied on China’s data and didn’t prepare for what was coming.

The virus originated in Wuhan. The official thought is that it made the leap from a bat to a human in a Wuhan wet market. Those markets still operateand they are breeding grounds for animal viruses.

Conspiracy theorists have long said that the virus was engineered in Wuhanand/or a Chinese bio-security leak.

The Washington Post is now giving more credence to those theories
by calling the origin story murky. The Wuhan wet market didn’t actually have bats for sale that time of year. The Wuhan lab where they studied bat coronaviruses was just a few hundred yards from the wet market. Chinese studies of the novel coronavirus starting in and leaking from the Wuhan lab were published and then mysteriously withdrawn.

Did China cover up an accidental leak of the novel coronavirus?

That comes after China blocked all discussion of the coronavirus for months and allowed millions of people to flee Wuhan, spreading the pandemic to the entire planet. Had the pandemic been properly disclosed and contained, tens of thousands of lives as well as the world economy could have been saved. Whistleblowers like Dr. Li were punished for speaking out about the existence of a new coronavirus in December. He died of coronavirus at the age of just 33, leaving behind a child and a pregnant wife.

Based on cremation photos from Wuhan,it appears that tens of thousands died there alone.

The UK government is furious with China andthinks they had 40 times the number of cases that they reported, up to 3,200,000+ cases.They’re looking into retaliation, such as abandoning their deal to have Huawei install a 5G network in the UK.

Uglier yet, Italy donated PPE to China during their time of need, but China is charging Italy just to get their PPE back. And countries like Spain are returning Chinese coronavirus tests as they are only 30% accurate.

This is not China’s finest hour.

Will countries hold China accountable?

Excellent post, with sources throughout, super well done sir.

Updated IHME model shows essentially no new COVID-19 deaths by June 1, 2020 assuming continued social distancing through May 2020

"Assuming full social distancing" lmao we aren't anything remotely close to full social distancing my friend, don't get ahead of yourself.

As for NFL playing, clearly an off the board spot, I mean who the hell knows. So many fucking variables when it comes to the disease, not knowing how it will be affected by summer, etc etc. I'm just sharing my opinion. Wasn't it you that said opinions were welcome on a democratic forum? Haha.

"Season not starting on time" is a betting favorite right now at books offering it. Does it really seem like that big of a stretch that they don't play? It's a dog that the season is cancelled, but not a big one.

"Assuming full social distancing" lmao we aren't anything remotely close to full social distancing my friend, don't get ahead of yourself.

As for NFL playing, clearly an off the board spot, I mean who the hell knows. So many fucking variables when it comes to the disease, not knowing how it will be affected by summer, etc etc. I'm just sharing my opinion. Wasn't it you that said opinions were welcome on a democratic forum? Haha.

"Season not starting on time" is a betting favorite right now at books offering it. Does it really seem like that big of a stretch that they don't play? It's a dog that the season is cancelled, but not a big one.

The models know there will never be full social distancing. It’s factored into the #.

VD, set the line on the NFL pal common one time.

re China

foreign policy posturing

since about two weeks ago CIA has gone into overdrive executing an anti China sentiment drive

US Intel has deemed it a worthy subject to shape international opinion and advance their geopolitical policy

China ain't no innocent kitty but don't fall for this manipulation

CIA 101

The models know there will never be full social distancing. It’s factored into the #.

VD, set the line on the NFL pal common one time.

It can't be factored into the number. There is no scenario at all in the real world that there are no new deaths and this is completely eradicated by June. Hopefully by then we are on the decline, but flat line is true zero chance. This has to be a theoretical chart, ie perfectly executed distancing.

Um given current info and feelings forced to make a line I'd probably put odds around +140 season is cancelled / -160 games are played. Would charge a lot more chalk in my shop though since majority aren't seeing things like I am.

Unfortunately most of the world relied on China’s data and didn’t prepare for what was coming.

Fucking cop out. Total failure on the part of world governments to take action. They were twiddling their thumbs. You are talking of advanced countries.

re China

foreign policy posturing

since about two weeks ago CIA has gone into overdrive executing an anti China sentiment drive

US Intel has deemed it a worthy subject to shape international opinion and advance their geopolitical policy

CIA 101

They are just covering up for their own failures. Failure to prepare, failure to act. All these politicians around the world need to save their face. The whole world has been talking about the rise of China and how dangerous it is blah blah while continuing to buy it from them. It's like blaming your drug dealer for your drug habit. China is the best drug dealer: supplies at the cheapest price, in huge quantities and does it super fast speed. We just can not avoid it. It's immaterial to China what the international opinion is as long as they keep on exporting. 'Muh-freedom-to-dance-on-top-of -the-cars' idiots are not going to win against those relentlessly ruthless Chinese.

Last edited:
Excellent post, with sources throughout, super well done sir.

It was an interesting read. Only thing I dismiss is anything the Washington Post says. They are essentially Rolling Stone of political journalism IMO.

There is no scenario at all in the real world that there are no new deaths and this is completely eradicated by June.

Um given current info and feelings forced to make a line I'd probably put odds around +140 season is cancelled / -160 games are played.

Ok you’re coming around then. Yesterday in a different thread you said you didn’t think the NFL would have a 2020.

Welcome to the sunny side!!

:awesome:

re China

foreign policy posturing

CIA 101
feels like such a blatant attempt by whatever forces to prapogate anti Chinese sentiment. You can see all these guys in unison "Chinese virus" and terrible communist government, and how but we really love the Chinese people, who are victims of evil govt etc..
It's such an old tired tactic. Anybody who's been paying attention should find the whole exercise laughable at this point. And then the so called same "intelligence agencies " with their wmd and Russiagate. How dumb do they must figure the people are?
I guess their theory is now that we got people accepting stay home orders due to horrible virus, they can accept shelter in a bunker order while we raise tension with China and possible nuclear war. Hey it's necessary, they unleashed this terrible virus on us. (gift that keeps on giving)

reno, do you believe the Department Of Defense wants a nuclear war with China?

I think they want to pressure them in anyway that's effective. Now of course you don't want war, but when you start doing certain things you're aware that things can escalate. And you will probably need the public prepared and tolerant of whatever may happen.

PGA Championship moved from May to August 6-9, 2020.

Masters moved to November, 2020 then again in April 2021.

We have no choice but to manipulate when the other side is out-and-out lying! RJ, know the saying, "I don't get mad, I get even!" Slight change for me is "I get very mad and I get way ahead!" :yes:

feels like such a blatant attempt by whatever forces to prapogate anti Chinese sentiment. You can see all these guys in unison "Chinese virus" and terrible communist government, and how but we really love the Chinese people, who are victims of evil govt etc..
It's such an old tired tactic. Anybody who's been paying attention should find the whole exercise laughable at this point. And then the so called same "intelligence agencies " with their wmd and Russiagate. How dumb do they must figure the people are?
I guess their theory is now that we got people accepting stay home orders due to horrible virus, they can accept shelter in a bunker order while we raise tension with China and possible nuclear war. Hey it's necessary, they unleashed this terrible virus on us. (gift that keeps on giving)

we should prob learn how to make our own medicine and technology in this country before we push too many buttons toward a nuclear war

Since China is responsible for so many of our supplies, things can probably get very ugly short of actual war

Um given current info and feelings forced to make a line I'd probably put odds around +140 season is cancelled / -160 games are played. Would charge a lot more chalk in my shop though since majority aren't seeing things like I am.

Season starts but one fat linebacker with chronic hypertension ends up hospitalized and season is cancelled mid-way through +1200

For 5 units