Cooking With Cougar: Wieners For Archie

• Start date
  • Replies 47 Comments
  • Views 4,660 Views
get a haircut you hippie.
look like a wavy haired faggot fiveteamer

That's actually what I was going for.

How do you feel about mayo?

I feel it probably doesn't belong on a hot dog. But, alas, have never tried it.

cougar, you ever bacon-wrap your dogs? delish! and i agree, no ketchup.

Nope, but I imagine it's probably good. I have been trying to say no to bacon lately. It's difficult.

Thanks for the kind words, my brother. Enjoying my GL journey thus far. Glad you invited me to tag along.

:cheersbuddy:

bacon wrapped dogs here tomorrow thanks to your thought. :greencheck:

depending how well done you like your dogs, nuke the bacon slices for 40 seconds or so before you wrap them around your franks. raw bacon around the weenies will lead to too much time over the flame.

if anyone is ever in austin, make sure to check out a place simply called frank. (http://hotdogscoldbeer.com/) they make a bloody mary with bacon-infused vodka, ranks at a 10 on the double-yummy scale.

Bay Bud how many bacon wrapped hot dogs do you eat a week?

I been wrapping chicken breast with bacon lately. not bad but bacon doesnt get crispy enough.

Bay Bud how many bacon wrapped hot dogs do you eat a week?

believe i've eaten about 8-10 my whole life. certainly not a regular event. can't eat the ones they have at that austin cafe since they're all beef and i no longer consume red meat. usually just go for the regular old pork franks or even the chicken/pork mix for me. i'm not all that picky about which parts of the animals i eat, sorta' think most americans are too hung up about 'choice cuts.'

believe i've eaten about 8-10 my whole life. certainly not a regular event. can't eat the ones they have at that austin cafe since they're all beef and i no longer consume red meat. usually just go for the regular old pork franks or even the chicken/pork mix for me. i'm not all that picky about which parts of the animals i eat, sorta' think most americans are too hung up about 'choice cuts.'

Was that your decision or the wifeys? Is pork less harmful?

I have chicken tournedos once in awhile. Those are big medallions of chicken breast wrapped in bacon. I like them a lot. Like so many things, they come out better on the barbecue than the oven.

Was that your decision or the wifeys? Is pork less harmful?

my colon made that decision for me. came down with a bout of diverticulitis nearly three years ago, probably as sick as i've ever been in my life. red meat, anything with seeds, over-indulging in fried anything, lots of things i can no longer eat or else run the risk of screwing up my innerds. don't really miss the beef (certain cuts of pork will act the same way), but where it becomes an issue and i have to remain vigilant is the seed part. you can't swing a dead cat around here in texas without hitting someone pushing salsa and chips on you. so i have to refrain from, or at least be careful with, the salsas that are served in restaurants due to the seeds in tomatoes and peppers. the one food i really, really, really miss is okra. if i'm ever on death row, fried okra and a huge honkin' bowl of gumbo will be part of my last meal.

thanks so much for this Video.... Great stuff

Arch I am working out a lot

But I am working on a beer review vid now

Had some Hebrew national hot dogs with sauerkraut tonight...

thought of you and this vid cougs