Connecticut school shooting

• Start date
  • Replies 453 Comments
  • Views 25,233 Views
We used to walk to and from the bars in Madison when I was in college.

But I'm sure Wisconsin isn't as cold as most places.

Point is people drive after having a drink all the time. And they should be able to. That's not to say you're gonna kill someone or drive hammered. You're probably already breaking the law if you're driving after even 1 drink. There is/was an outcry over drunk driving.

I think you're missing the irony.

It's acceptable to you if only some people kill others while driving impaired.

But it's not acceptable to you if only some people kill others with guns.

There are laws against murder too, Reno.

that's true. It's more acceptable to me that somebody dies in an accident than gets murdered by some kid who thinks he's batman.

Point is people drive after having a drink all the time. And they should be able to. That's not to say you're gonna kill someone or drive hammered. You're probably already breaking the law if you're driving after even 1 drink. There is/was an outcry over drunk driving.
They have breathalyzers to test yourself if you had too much. Banning every person who has a beer from driving is retarded.

that's true. It's more acceptable to me that somebody dies in an accident than gets murdered by some kid who thinks he's batman.

Someone driving their car when they're too wasted to see straight thinks he's Batman (invincible) too...

They have breathalyzers to test yourself if you had too much. Banning every person who has a beer from driving is retarded.

Just like banning every person from owning a cosmetic type of gun is retarded.

We used to walk to and from the bars in Madison when I was in college.

But I'm sure Wisconsin isn't as cold as most places.

The bar was below my apartment in college. No need to drive back then.

But now the closest bar is 5 miles since I live in a residential subdivision. And it's not the issue of just walking at 2 am back home because I'm lazy. It's too dark and not all streets have lighted walkways. There is a great chance I will get hit by a car on my way home if I walk at 2 am.

So call a cab or call someone sober who can drive you if you can't/won't walk.

It's not complex.

I'm not saying take your guns away or whatever. But the notion that as many people get shoot as get killed in car wrecks due to "impaired" drivers is an argument against guns. I would think a lot more people want to have a drink than want to shoot somebody :dunno:

Plus, to then go on and say that guns have utility while partying doesn't is nonsense.

I've found that cities with less than 50,000 people can be walked across in 5 minutes.

I woke up after noon in vilareal on a Sunday and all restaurants and cafeterias were close, all, I walked it all

had to eat chips from the gas station the rest of the day

So call a cab or call someone sober who can drive you if you can't/won't walk.

It's not complex.

If I had too much I would.

Boner18 was saying that they need to have no tolerance on drinking and drive. Right now the limit is one beer and on the second beer you are over the limit. So if there is no tolerance a person who used to drink a beer has to call a cab when he is perfectly capable of driving a car with current laws.

Go ahead and walk at 2 am tonight in 5 degree weather. Who needs cars?

Done it many many times. I don't go out anymore though so not an issue.

I'm not saying take your guns away or whatever. But the notion that as many people get shoot as get killed in car wrecks due to "impaired" drivers is an argument against guns. I would think a lot more people want to have a drink than want to shoot somebody :dunno:

Plus, to then go on and say that guns have utility while partying doesn't is nonsense.

Why do you think guns have to be used to shoot somebody?

I think you need to reread his post. It doesn't say that at all.

Done it many many times. I don't go out anymore though so not an issue.

You don't have date nights with the Mrs?

Sounds awful.

I'm looking at it monkey:

If we look at both of these very real killers - DRUNKEN driving and firearms we must weigh the costs and benefits of each. The cost side is very much the same, about 11000 lives per year in the US.

drunk driving is illegal firearms are not.

Driving is legal. Firearms are (mostly) legal.

Drunk driving is illegal. Murder is illegal.