Chronic marijuana users believe the drug helps them with great thoughts/ideas!

• Start date
  • Replies 59 Comments
  • Views 5,921 Views

betplom

RPM
Since
Jan 27, 2010
Score
Tokens
My brother smokes pot - alot , & I mean ALOT! Like 6-8 joints per day, every day.

He is 41 and has been smoking dope regularly since he was a teenager, that's quite a large amount of fried brain cells.

He gets these pot induced "great ideas" that aren't great at all, the other day he said something that I disagreed with and he got quite upset when I said "thats the THC talking".

He is very much into conspiracy theories and I am not, he often wants to discuss these conspiracies with me but I am just not interested, plus these "theories" are just that and cannot be proven so I don't want to waste the energy on speculation at great length. He cannot comprehend my disinterest.

I made a mistake mentioning his drug use when we were talking recently, he's angry with me because I "don't get it". Well I believe I do get it but don't wanna keep fucking arguing over trivia.

I guess what I'm saying is that drugs can be bad, even a "light" drug like cannabis. It has wrecked my brother, made him unmotivated, lazy, cynical and paranoid and difficult to be around.

Say no to drugs kids.

agree,, I am a reformed primo pothead
smoked all day everyday for yrs...
but had an affirmation once after taking a tumble off a roof.
the wheels started turning and I realized I had been doing that kind of work of 5-7 yrs and havent learned a damn thing
quit smoking and started actuallly remembering what I was taught the next day and started climbing the anti-corporate ladder

Have you ever seen brain surgery doctors smoke pot?

yes, surgeons smoke pot

I'd like some pot brownies.

the wheels started turning and I realized I had been doing that kind of work of 5-7 yrs and havent learned a damn thing
quit smoking and started actuallly remembering what I was taught the next day and started climbing the anti-corporate ladder

Right, the memory loss is also a problem, the fucker forgets everything.

I used to smoke pot as a teenager, it was fun. In my early 20's it was no longer fun, smoking dope just made me tired and paranoid so I stopped smoking the stuff.

After a few years I tried smoking again and paranoia/sleepiness was the only thing I got from the drug and so I have no desire to smoke nowadays.

I haven't smoked a joint in a long time as I'm now 44.

Well who the fuck would want to smoke pot and go off and do shit?

It is only good for spacing out and watching tv and eating cookies at night.

For decades at a time, yes.

My brother smokes pot - alot , & I mean ALOT! Like 6-8 joints per day, every day.

He is 41 and has been smoking dope regularly since he was a teenager, that's quite a large amount of fried brain cells.

He gets these pot induced "great ideas" that aren't great at all, the other day he said something that I disagreed with and he got quite upset when I said "thats the THC talking".

He is very much into conspiracy theories and I am not, he often wants to discuss these conspiracies with me but I am just not interested, plus these "theories" are just that and cannot be proven so I don't want to waste the energy on speculation at great length. He cannot comprehend my disinterest.

I made a mistake mentioning his drug use when we were talking recently, he's angry with me because I "don't get it". Well I believe I do get it but don't wanna keep fucking arguing over trivia.

I guess what I'm saying is that drugs can be bad, even a "light" drug like cannabis. It has wrecked my brother, made him unmotivated, lazy, cynical and paranoid and difficult to be around.

Say no to drugs kids.

:wallay::like:

Right, the memory loss is also a problem, the fucker forgets everything.

I used to smoke pot as a teenager, it was fun. In my early 20's it was no longer fun, smoking dope just made me tired and paranoid so I stopped smoking the stuff.
After a few years I tried smoking again and paranoia/sleepiness was the only thing I got from the drug and so I have no desire to smoke nowadays.

I haven't smoked a joint in a long time as I'm now 44.

ditto, havent smoked in about 8 yrs minus a puff here and there that reminded me why I quit

and watching the Discovery channel...

my first job framing houses was nothing but an all day smoke out.
boss would fire them up before work, at 9AM break, 12PM lunch, and 2:30PM break.
alot of shit got fukd up on his jobs. LOL

also worked with a raging alchy one time that drank 24-7, he once passed out while cutting a sheet of plywood 1/2 through the sheet.
he was passed out laying on the 1/2 cut sheet with the saw still runnning. LOLZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ

mike your workplace sounds like a real hoot.

I have smoked a lot of pot in my time and hung out with a lot of heavy long-term shmokers. It definitely fucks up the brain - and it gets worse as time goes on.

The worst is pot-smokers who think it is okay to drive high, like it's not like drinking and driving.

Wrong.

I did have some positive effects as far as creativity. It opened up the thinking in an interesting way sometimes. I have to admit, I wrote some good stuff high.

But overall it is -ev for me bigtime.

Muddaay, it saddens me to see him this way, he lives in a filthy Ottawa area apartment playing fucking pc video games and smoking pot all day (he is on a veterans disability from the USA & welfare here in Canada).

Any attempts to discuss his situation are met with much hostility.

My brother and I grew up in an immaculately clean home, my Italian father and mother of Eastern European descent were very particular about cleanliness and being tidy/organized, my brother shows none of those traits.

I am truly AMAZED at the squalor he lives in, especially since he grew up in a very clean home where filth would not be acceptable.

His toilet reminds me of the one in Trainspotting.

mike your workplace sounds like a real hoot.

all that was when I was just getting my feet wet in the field.
no way in hell I let any of that shit happen on my jobsites.

Muddaay, it saddens me to see him this way, he lives in a filthy Ottawa area apartment playing fucking pc video games and smoking pot all day (he is on a veterans disability from the USA & welfare here in Canada).

Any attempts to discuss his situation are met with much hostility.

My brother and I grew up in an immaculately clean home, my Italian father and mother of Eastern European descent were very particular about cleanliness and being tidy/organized, my brother shows none of those traits.

I am truly AMAZED at the squalor he lives in, especially since he grew up in a very clean home where filth would not be acceptable.

His toilet reminds me of the one in Trainspotting.

A lot of similarity to my brother.

yeah, I'm not a big fan of all of the marijuana hype. The pot heads I know are pretty uninspired. And only interested in boring, pedestrian shit such as video games.
When I used to smoke regularly long time ago, I noticed some memory, thinking problems. I think it's alright though for occasional use. And it's actually better if you're physically active while high.

He gets these pot induced "great ideas" that aren't great at all

Examples, please - and the more entertaining the better.